Theory forming in my brain: FunPub is struggling with handling the TF Collector's Club. This is a complete theory based on my own speculations - AND NOT VERIFIED! But please bear with me:
1) Website, webshop, forum and shopping system is (as noted earlier by others) hopelessly outdated and unkept, with no intent on updates/revisions in sight.
2) FunPub is understaffed, with Pete@BotCon being their only face outwards (except for the occational message from Brian), and then 1 service operator that I know of.
3) They produce huge and lavishly made - and expensive - limited edition toys and posters and shirts etc., which is a secondary income grounds for them
4) They handle 2 of the largest fan conventions in the US, with hundres (thousands?) of visitors each year, at big venues with big guests; their primary income grounds.
5) They do nothing to try and make the club fees accessible for non-US fans - granted, the US is the bigger market, but there are fans ALL around the world who just have to cough up, apparently.
6) The club magazine seems to get some creative influx from some very dedicated staff members, but they only focus on the magazine, not the daily operations of FunPub; must be outsourced and as such not hands-on handled directly by direct FunPub itself.
With a very high focus on the conventions ONLY (as it would seem), the rest is very likely suffering due to lack of staff. Lack of staff can be remedied by hiring more people, but they aren't doing that. They aren't even considering it, it would seem, as this is clearly not the first time the website/order system/shipping systetm/payment system etc. etc. etc. has been brought to their attention. They are 3 people in there, with Brian Savage at the helm, who only wants to do conventions. Period. There's no interest - most likely for monetary reasons, because, well, that's just the way it works if you want to have a business - in making the other parts of it work, so they pretty much ignore them. Sure, planning a convention is hard work (hey, I can actually say that I know the feeling with this!
), but damned, you're obligated by Hasbro to run the darn club as well.
This is outrageous. This is demeaning. This is spitting their own club members in the face and plain milking us for money. Plain and simple.
If I had the guts and the time I would start up a petition to get Fun Pub ousted from running that club. Sure, let them have BotCon, but not the club itself. They clearly don't want to do it, and it's showing, and we're suffering.