Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full version: Transformers Hostess cakes have arrived!
NTFA Forums > Miscellaneous forums > Auto Assembly Europe and other conventions and fan gatherings
BigPete
Yes, as mentioned in Optimal Transformations #15, we talked about the Transformers Hostess cakes and asked if people wanted them at Auto Assembly Europe. You wanted them, and they have arrived!

* Chocwave, a chocolate muffin with creamy vanilla filling, red frosting, and silver (!) sprinkles!
* Snoballimus, a chocolate GloBall cake with red creamy filling, a layer of white marshmallow, and covered in blue (!) coconut shavings!

Unfortunately, due to USPS stopping any and all shipments containing food, regardless of them being OK to bring into your country or not, I had to use FedEx. And that cost money. A LOT of money. In fact, it cost me so much money that I'm embarrassed to tell you all how much I paid in the end.

This means that I simply cannot give them away for free even though I would have loved to. I have to cover at least a small amount of my losses.

The cakes will be for sale at Auto Assembly Europe, at a reasonable price to be determined soon smile.gif
gravebot
QUOTE(BigPete @ 19 October 2011, 10:43) *
Yes, as mentioned in Optimal Transformations #15, we talked about the Transformers Hostess cakes and asked if people wanted them at Auto Assembly Europe. You wanted them, and they have arrived!

* Chocwave, a chocolate muffin with creamy vanilla filling, red frosting, and silver (!) sprinkles!
* Snoballimus, a chocolate GloBall cake with red creamy filling, a layer of white marshmallow, and covered in blue (!) coconut shavings!

Unfortunately, due to USPS stopping any and all shipments containing food, regardless of them being OK to bring into your country or not, I had to use FedEx. And that cost money. A LOT of money. In fact, it cost me so much money that I'm embarrassed to tell you all how much I paid in the end.

This means that I simply cannot give them away for free even though I would have loved to. I have to cover at least a small amount of my losses.

The cakes will be for sale at Auto Assembly Europe, at a reasonable price to be determined soon smile.gif

If I get coffee and cake then theres no problem. ;)
BigPete
I'm sure you can buy plenty of coffee in the hotel bar or restaurant wink2.gif
vmv-81
Nice to hear about the arrival, shame about the extra cost, though. But still, I'm ready pay as long as it's reasonable.
BigPete
Snoballimus - 15 SEK
Chocwave - 10 SEK

Reasonable enough? wink2.gif
Lucar-tron
Too bad about the extra cost.
But I'm prepared to pay for them, and the prices are reasonable enough for me. smile.gif
Inkku
hand me a mug of coffee and a cake/muffin at morning and you might live till midday coffee break.. evillaugh.gif
Fanzone
I tried a Snoballimus at the Assembly. I kinda wish I had tried the Chocwave ones instead. It tasted... well... let's say it's nothing I would eat again. unsure.gif
BigPete
Yeah, they weren't that great, haha!

Sugar, chemicals, preservatives, and funky food colouring. NOM NOM NOM...
Lucar-tron
Chocwave had a really weird taste. But Snoballimus with it's almost dried foam with a dry chocolate cake inside and a creamfilling that didn't at all feel good.

So I would prefer Chocwave any day.
gravebot
I liked the Chocwave! drool2.gif But that Snowballimus was just.... ugh! pinch.gif
BigPete
I must be the only one who thought Snoballimus tasted the best, haha! smile.gif
Groundsplitter
I guess I should consider myself lucky that I have a cold - several people mentioned that the Snoballimus smelled, but I never noticed. I was put off by the consistency and the taste though. It was one of the weirdest pastries that I have ever tasted. Quite off-putting; I have no desire whatsoever to try another one.
Smokescreen
I tried the Chocwave and it wasn't worse than any other vacuum packed muffin. Now, I've got a whole box of the snowballs in the freezer so we'll see when I dare try them...
obsidian x
I only tried Chocwave. It wasn't great but hey, I was mostly in it for the funny name anyway smile.gif
simes
On Saturday night I bought a box of Snoballimus to support the convention, ate one and it was absolutely vile... but I didn't tell Lars that until he tried one of them! The rest of the box are still on Lars' computer desk as far as I know as I didn't want to risk bringing them home!

On Sunday, as Pete had some left, I tried one of the Chocwaves and actually quite liked it, so I bought the rest of the box and sat there eating them all... although after that much sugar I felt a little sick for the rest of the day! Definitely the better ones though!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.