Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full version: Auto Assembly Europe 2011 suggestions
NTFA Forums > Miscellaneous forums > Auto Assembly Europe and other conventions and fan gatherings
BigPete
As the title says, what do you want to see at the convention? How do you want to see a certain event done?

Submit your ideas here, and just maybe the things you suggest will become part of the convention programme! wink2.gif
NRJohn
Well, I pretty much hope to see much of the things we got on the last convention:
Dealers tables, competitions, panels, all that good stuff! w00t.gif
I hope we can have dealers this time around too, I bought some very nice figures, and sold a lot too in Aalborg.
The competions where a lot of fun, trivia questions, fastest transformation, custom figures and fan artwork etc.

I don't know if it's possibly to set up, but it could be cool to have it so visitors could play some transformers games, console/PC games or even boardgames?
As a mini-tournament or just for fun!

Maybe also have some sort of exhibition like they sometimes have. Saw a video with a "Prime through the ages"-exhibition from g1 to newest at that time, pretty cool!

Both these suggestions would mean a lot of work setting up I imagine, but it could be worth it!

How about some transformers cosplay? No I'm only kidding biggrin.gif
vmv-81
I'd love to play boardgames there. Otherwise, I think it would be nice to have the same things as the last convention.
Tformer
QUOTE(vmv-81 @ 19 May 2011, 15:27) *
I'd love to play boardgames there. Otherwise, I think it would be nice to have the same things as the last convention.

Speaking of the last convention, we need to see a return of the trivia contest just so I can claim my revenge on you! wink2.gif tongue.gif
BigPete
More than 60 views and three replies? Come on, you can do better than that! tongue.gif
Smokescreen
For me, I'd like to have a kitbash competition so I'll be motivated to finish my stuff during summer. I'd also want a couple of big dealers and access to some kind of sell/trade area where I can sell some of my own stuff. It would be neat to have some storage space but I guess if it'll be in a hotel, you have lots of space already. If there's a cool guest to sign stuff I guess that's a bit exciting but for me it's mostly about the trading and just being around TF fans and geeking out for a few days.

Oh, and someone to sell a few Fort Max parts at a very low price biggrin.gif

And I second the exhibition thing. It was nice to see some super-rare figures in Arlöv. Unfortunately I don't have any to share except my customs.
Lucar-tron
The things that I like to see in Nordcon 2011:

- Exhebitions
- Competitions
- Games (both video and boardgames (maybe a tournament?)
- Guest signing, if there will be any guests.
- Maybe showing some episodes of different Transformers shows.

I don't think that I can come up with anything else. But I will be happy just to be with people that's got the same interest as me. biggrin.gif
DkConvoy
Well I already told Pete in person.. buuut.. innocent.gif

I would love to see a display for the 2011 BotCon figures! w00t.gif

And if we're showing any form of media this year, some curtains would be neat!
Sunlight is annoying while watching stuff..
simes
As long as I can get a job in time, I'm hoping to be able to make it over myself for the convention (well, it wouldn't be right if we can't send someone over from the "main" Auto Assembly team!) so I'd like to get an idea of what Transformers shows people would be interested in watching. I've got pretty much everything on DVD or can get all of them in time for the convention to show so if there are any you'd like to see, just post here!
Groundsplitter
QUOTE(DkConvoy @ 21 May 2011, 00:40) *
And if we're showing any form of media this year, some curtains would be neat!
Sunlight is annoying while watching stuff..

Agreed. That was the only detail at NordCon 2010 that I was thoroughly displeased with. We had thought of lots of other details, but hadn't foreseen that particular problem. So that's definitely on our mental checklists for future conventions.
When we're holding the convention at a hotel it shouldn't be a problem though, since they are usually already equipped for film screenings, seminar projections and so on - if the hall comes with projection equipment, logically it must also have sufficient curtains/blinds so you can use the projection equipment even on bright days. But naturally that's something that we're going to look up.

An update (or non-update) on the venue, by the way. As you know I was supposed to have a personal meeting with one of the hotels (one of the more interesting ones) on Tuesday, after which we hoped to decide a venue and a date very soon afterwards, but regrettably I became sick with the flu earlier this week so I had to delay the meeting...
Now I have asked the hotel for a meeting next week instead.
Groundsplitter
QUOTE(Groundsplitter @ 3 June 2011, 10:59) *
An update (or non-update) on the venue, by the way. As you know I was supposed to have a personal meeting with one of the hotels (one of the more interesting ones) on Tuesday, after which we hoped to decide a venue and a date very soon afterwards, but regrettably I became sick with the flu earlier this week so I had to delay the meeting...
Now I have asked the hotel for a meeting next week instead.

An update again. Unfortunately the flu delayed things a bit, but I was finally able to have that personal meeting with the manager at that hotel today. Just as I had hoped it was a very fruitful meeting, and I think we will be able to make our decision any day now.
Smokescreen
I'm sitting here just waiting to send in my registration smile.gif
NRJohn
Two things more that would be nice:
1) Flags on visitor’s nametags, now I know English is the official language but if you have a quick question, or a person to person conversation it feels silly to speak English when you’re both Sweds. Or if you try to speak Swedish to someone who’s not. (It happened to me a couple of times at Nordcon, lol!)
2) Convention programs in hand when you arrive! I totally forgot to print out the program for last convention. Anyway, if nothing else it would be cool to have afterwards, I don’t think we got one at Nordcon..? If we did, lets get one AGAIN! crazy2.gif
BigPete
QUOTE(NRJohn @ 24 June 2011, 20:30) *
Two things more that would be nice:
1) Flags on visitor’s nametags, now I know English is the official language but if you have a quick question, or a person to person conversation it feels silly to speak English when you’re both Sweds. Or if you try to speak Swedish to someone who’s not. (It happened to me a couple of times at Nordcon, lol!)
2) Convention programs in hand when you arrive! I totally forgot to print out the program for last convention. Anyway, if nothing else it would be cool to have afterwards, I don’t think we got one at Nordcon..? If we did, lets get one AGAIN! crazy2.gif

There was a programme in the convention magazine wink2.gif I like the idea with the flags though smile.gif
Groundsplitter
QUOTE(BigPete @ 25 June 2011, 04:25) *
I like the idea with the flags though smile.gif
I don't. Or rather, I'm sure that there will be attendees who don't. Personally I wouldn't have any problem with it, but there are always people who see that sort of thing as an intrusion of personal integrity, so I will have to recommend that we turn that suggestion down.
simes
My thought on that one is that it could put people off approaching others to start conversations if they are from different countries, thinking that the language barrier could be a problem and there is a risk of fans splitting themselves into groups based on country. I know there are some fans from the UK who are planning on attending this year and the last thing I would want them to do is just stick to talking to each other rather than mixing with everyone else!
Groundsplitter
QUOTE(simes @ 27 June 2011, 16:47) *
My thought on that one is that it could put people off approaching others to start conversations if they are from different countries, thinking that the language barrier could be a problem and there is a risk of fans splitting themselves into groups based on country. I know there are some fans from the UK who are planning on attending this year and the last thing I would want them to do is just stick to talking to each other rather than mixing with everyone else!

That is also an insightful objection. - we're not doing this to reinforce the country borders, but to tear them down. So now we have two good reasons why we shouldn't print the flags or the name of the country on the name tags. smile.gif
gravebot
How about this:

WHO GETS THE MOST FAR IN THE GAME TRANSFORMERS MYSTERY OF CONVOY - WITH JUST ONE GO

So if some one doesn't know what this game is, heres a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km9vYa2GIUI

(BTW love the AVGN reviews laugh.gif )

The game is hard, realy hard. Even the most experienced gamers found it to be extremely difficult to beat. The idea is, that every atendee can try it out but they get just one go with the game, 3 lifes no continues. Who gets the most far or gets the most points wins. I think that gettin far is more harder than getting points.

Only problem is that in order to play this game we need at least one famicom console OR a computer with famicom emulator in it. I think the computer option is more suitable.
obsidian x
I never played Mystery of Convoy but oldschool games like that takes me back!
I used to have (probably still have in the cellar) the two Commodore 64 Transformers games, the later one of those was in the video briefly. Damn even in the days of the Commodore 64 back in the eighties I used to think those Transformer games sucked!
The first Commodore TF game was a sidescroller just like Mystery of Convoy, with Optimus, Hound, Mirage, Jazz and some other Autobot I forgot, Bumblebee possibly.

Sorry for the off topic, just got nostalgic watching that youtube link.
simes
If you saw our Game Zone at Auto Assembly last year, you'll know the sort of range of games we have access to! I own pretty much every Transformers game that's ever been written, including Mystery Of Comvoy and the Headmasters game for the Famicom Disk System but I've had trouble getting working machines to run them on! I've also got both versions of the Beast Wars Transmetals game, the Beast Wars Gameboy Color game, and pretty much everything else!

I'm still trying to see if there is a way I can make it over to the convention at the moment, but I don't see there being a problem in bringing most, if not all of my games and DVD collection with me if there are machines available to play them on!
NRJohn
I'm hoping for a really cool convention figure! The TFCon 2011 HeadRobots STRONGHOLD looks REALLY nice perhaps pricier then the Cobra Nordcon figure but still. Or, since the convention will be held late this year... how about an early Prime figure? I mean it's not that far from the december(?) US release?
simes
Convention toys... I can answer this one - there won't be any unofficial toys as it's something that Auto Assembly doesn't do, although we do have officially licensed convention merchandise as we have had a couple of IDW comics over the last few years. However, we are going to try to re-open talks with Hasbro to get an official toy for both conventions as soon as possible so we are working on it!!
Seaspray
QUOTE(simes @ 21 July 2011, 12:32) *
Convention toys... I can answer this one - there won't be any unofficial toys as it's something that Auto Assembly doesn't do, although we do have officially licensed convention merchandise as we have had a couple of IDW comics over the last few years. However, we are going to try to re-open talks with Hasbro to get an official toy for both conventions as soon as possible so we are working on it!!

Anyway it goes regarding convention toys/merchandise I'm sure it will be great.
I really looking forward to more info regarding Auto Assembly Europe 2011.
Swetransformer
QUOTE(simes @ 21 July 2011, 12:32) *

AAE Exclusive toy drool2.gif - that would be the dot over the i as we say here i sweden..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.