Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full version: Transformers stopmotions
NTFA Forums > Miscellaneous forums > The creative corner > Miscellaneous fanwork
Summerganny
(I hope that I posted this in the correct forum)

So this is a topic for Transformers stopmotions. I started this "hobby" about one and half a year ago and now I'm working with new project that will be (hopefully) better than any of my previous animations. It will contan voice acting and I've created some kind of plot too... The story takes place after Unicron's attack. When Unicron attacked, autobots and decepticons formed an alliance but Megatron(or Galvatron) betrayed Optimus and tried to catch Prime's Matrix... But Prime defeated Unicron with Matrix of leadership and escaped hardly. Starscream, Soundwave, Onslaught and couple of other 'cons who tried to invalidate alliance, escaped to Mars and others weere caught by autobots in Cybertron. Megatron lost in space when Unicron's body exploded (Meg is presumably dead now). Cybertron is badly damaged and many brave autobots (and decepticons) are dead. Optimus Prime leads a little team of elite autobots to Earth and their mission is to hunt down those remaining traitor decepticons (lead by Starscream)... But Unicron's attack aroused something from Cybertron's deepest depths. Something ancient and evil...

...well, it's far from perfect, but at least I have some story.biggrin.gif I'm not sure when I'll finish this.
"Promo picture":

Is there any other stop-motion animators?
Mine channel is here: http://www.youtube.com/user/PrimeSlave?feature=mhum
There are just a couple of videos, but I will probably make some quick Transformers "vs" vids pretty soon. My stopmotions aren't so great, but I try to improve my skills. smile.gif

I highly recommend to check out this channel. It has some awesome stuff. crazy2.gif
...like this:

Direct link

Sorry for my English again, there could be some mistakes... biggrin.gif

: Minulla on myös animaatioprojektejani ja myös figuuriarvosteluja (tai itseasiassa kaikenlaista TF-aiheista) sisältävä blogi osoitteessa http://primeslave.blogspot.com/
Tformer
Nice animations! You're of to a good start. smile.gif

If you don't have one already, I strongly suggest that you invest in a small tabletop tripod. They're worth gold when animating (or even taking photos in general) and there's plenty of cheap options. I managed to pick a small aluminum tripod up at a general hardware store a few years back, didn't set me back more then 30 sek.
Also, I'm guessing you're putting your frames together in Windows Movie Maker? Nothing wrong with that, but you can easily ease the workload with a nifty little program called Monkeyjam, which will let you assemble your frames into a simple .avi video file. It'll also let you set different frame rates and experiment a bit more.

I've been animating myself for about four years now. Most often I only do simple vehicle to robot transformations as I lack both the imagination and space to set up battles and the likes. Here's my most recent animation, if you don't mind me posting it:

Direct link
Fighbird
Cool stuff, guys! Keep 'em coming!
Summerganny
QUOTE(Tformer @ 14 September 2010, 21:15) *
Nice animations! You're of to a good start. smile.gif

If you don't have one already, I strongly suggest that you invest in a small tabletop tripod. They're worth gold when animating (or even taking photos in general) and there's plenty of cheap options. I managed to pick a small aluminum tripod up at a general hardware store a few years back, didn't set me back more then 30 sek.
Also, I'm guessing you're putting your frames together in Windows Movie Maker? Nothing wrong with that, but you can easily ease the workload with a nifty little program called Monkeyjam, which will let you assemble your frames into a simple .avi video file. It'll also let you set different frame rates and experiment a bit more.

I have tripod. smile.gif And thanks for the tip, that Monkeyjam seems very handy, I will try with it as soon as possible.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.