Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full version: UK TF Events during summer?
NTFA Forums > Miscellaneous forums > Auto Assembly Europe and other conventions and fan gatherings
Landale
I am going to UK during the summer and I was wondering if There's anything 'nice' going on during the summer months? Like events etc.
I am terribly bad at finding information (and huge forums just makes my head spin).

Anyone got any ideas/suggestions =)? Suggestions for stuff outside of the TFU are also welcome as I hasn't spent much time in the UK before.

Yes, it's a bit embarrasing to ask but wth. You're all my seniors in the fan biz 8D.
BigPete
There's Auto Assembly in Birmingham on August 2nd: http://www.autoassembly.org.uk
Landale
Oh yesh, Auto Assembly =). I wonder if anyone around here are planning to go? Me and my sister are considering it atm. Would be great fun if anyone else are planning to go!
BigPete
Me and **BRUTICUS** are going. We booked flights and hotel room about a month ago, at very reasonable prices.
palaste
I'd so love to go, but my trip to southern Austria has already eaten almost 700 in travel costs alone. I can't possibly afford to travel to the UK. But if there is a Nordic Mini-Con 2008, I'll absolutely positively be there!
BigPete
AA will cost me about 250 in total, including flights, hotel, entry fee, and food.
palaste
Well, my trip to Austria will be considerably more expensive. The trip there will cost 350 , of which 250 is for the InterRail pass, 40 for the place reservations, and 60 for the ship from Helsinki to Stockholm. The flight back home to Helsinki will cost 335 . For reasons I can't possibly begin to fathom, a single flight from Vienna to Helsinki would have cost at least double that. I can get off much cheaper buying a two-way trip and simply never using the return flight. It's the exact same plane and the exact same flight on the first flight and all. Are the flight companies so desperate to get passengers that they give return flights for negative prices?
palaste
So, which of you are going to Auto Assembly? BigPete, **BRUTICUS**, Landale?
When exactly are you planning to leave and come back? Do you have a place to stay there?
BigPete
Me and **BRUTICUS** are flying the SAS route Copenhagen-Birmingham. The plane leaves at 08:40 on Friday August 1. We'll be staying at the appropriately named hotel "The Birmingham", some 8 miles from the convention. We'll be flying back on Sunday August 3, at 12:20 I think.
palaste
QUOTE(BigPete @ 17 June 2008, 18:00) *
Me and **BRUTICUS** are flying the SAS route Copenhagen-Birmingham. The plane leaves at 08:40 on Friday August 1. We'll be staying at the appropriately named hotel "The Birmingham", some 8 miles from the convention. We'll be flying back on Sunday August 3, at 12:20 I think.

Thanks for the information. If I am coming to Auto Assembly, I will try to use the same schedule and locations as you lot. The only exception is, of course, that I'm leaving from and coming back to Helsinki, not Copenhagen. Do you have contact information for this hotel "The Birmingham"?
BigPete
http://www.thebirminghamhotel.com/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.