Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full version: 3D Classics Deluxe Optimus Prime WIP*
NTFA Forums > Miscellaneous forums > The creative corner > Miscellaneous fanwork
Tformer
Yes, I know that the mold is among the most hated Optimus Primes to have come out recent years, though I find it to be wonderfully sculpted, articulated and a worthy addition to the classics lineup... Although the vehicle mode looks worse then that of THS-02 after someone stepped on it dry.gif

FIXING TIME!

NOTE: The alt-mode isn't 100% correctly lined up in the last picture, the wireframe has become so advanced that it's starting to get hard to see where everything goes...

AND! Of course it transforms more or less 100% accuratly to the toy counterpart, save for a few cheats to make it more proportionate wink2.gif

EDIT: changed the Youtube vid for one hosted on Photobucket...

Comments and critique are welcomed smile.gif
Fighbird
Cool animation! thumbs.gif

I like the action in the lower torso, but wondering a bit where you'll put the front wheels in robot mode...

The level of detailing is also right up my alley: Not too elaborate so it becomes "too busy", but still enough to be more than cubes stacked upon one another. smile.gif
Tformer
QUOTE(Fighbird @ 20 March 2008, 15:55) *
Cool animation! thumbs.gif

I like the action in the lower torso, but wondering a bit where you'll put the front wheels in robot mode...

The level of detailing is also right up my alley: Not too elaborate so it becomes "too busy", but still enough to be more than cubes stacked upon one another. smile.gif

Well, hopefully, this'll answer a few questions, even though YOutube compresses the file waaaaay to much...

Direct link

As you can see, the wheels remain on the fenders and quite literally end up in his armpits tongue.gif If I'm lucky I might be able to render a few more stills tonight. As well as start on the legs.
Fighbird
Awesome shot, once again! biggrin.gif

About the wheels... how about, if they are tilted inside the fenders, and "slide" down to his hips, so that they are more out of the way l G1 Prime.

Oooh, or even better: The wheels remain on their axel, while the finders flip up, and then simply retracted straight into the pelvic section? Then he wouldn't suffer so much from armpit chafing... wink2.gif
Tformer
*phew* Just finished with the upper legs, and while I was at it, I rendered a few more stills as promised smile.gif

A much better placement for the Autobot emblem if you ask me, it works so much better on the shoulder then on the forearms.

And here's a slightly closer look of where the wheels end up in Robotmode, I cheated a little and had them slide a little further into the body, just to make them unobtrusive tongue.gif

Tformer
Aaaaaaaaaand! He's done! Couldn't sleep, so I've been sitting all night working on him. these are the stills I have at the moment, final rendered testmovie is still processing on youtube, will post that tomorrow. EDIT: I mean... later today, man my brain is scrambled.

Enjoy

BigPete
Awesome! can't wait to see the reel! smile.gif
Fighbird
Yeah -- bring it on! thumbs.gif
Tformer

Direct link
Alpha Prime
That was GREAT! thumbs.gif

You've done it again!
Sir.Grimlock
yes you have don it again great work thumbs.gif
vmv-81
Definitely looks good! Although IMO it would look better if the finger joints would be blue, not silver.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.