Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full version: 3D Micromasters
NTFA Forums > Miscellaneous forums > The creative corner > Miscellaneous fanwork
Tformer
During this week I don't have any classes during the afternoon so I've found myself with some spare time. So I took myself the liberty to install a 30 day trial of 3D studio max. Now, I'm spending my time modelling and animating G1 Micromasters biggrin.gif

Swindler

Direct link

I'm not to fond of how the legs turned out as they became waaaay too long... Might have to go back and fix that.

Bigshot testrender

Direct link

This is just a quick test to see how the model behaves during animation. I'm very happy with this one smile.gif

That'll have to do for now, I'll post some stills tomorrow and do something serius with the Bigshot model as well.
SureShot
That's pretty cool. Seems like you slowly are getting the hang of it biggrin.gif
Fighbird
What he said. smile.gif

I especially love your animation - very smooth and lifelike - and there's nothing like a good transformation sequence! tongue.gif
Sir.Grimlock
nice work
BigPete
very nice! Bigshot looks awesome, and the movement is fluid and natural. Great job! smile.gif
Vector_Sigma
Seems like a lot of fun,great job thumbs.gif
Now,if I only had the patience for makings such,hehe.What program do you utilize for this purpose?
You need to make a sequence of Starscream curb-stomping Megatron once and for all biggrin.gif
Protek
Looks nice! thumbs.gif

Have you considered using the freeware alternatives like GMax, Blender or Daz Studio?
Alpha Prime
Very nice animations.

Do I need a PC do be able to do this kind of things too?
Tformer
QUOTE(Alpha Prime @ 29 January 2008, 22:52) *
Very nice animations.

Hm, I'm not sure if Autodesk 3D studio max supports anything else then Windows operating system, but I'm sure that one of the freeware alternatives that Protek mentioned supports other platforms then PC smile.gif

As for trying out the freewares, I do have minor experience with Blender, didn't like it. And as it's 3Ds max I'm educated in I went the extra *hush* *hush* mile to get the software wink2.gif
Protek
QUOTE(Tformer @ 30 January 2008, 09:09) *
QUOTE(Alpha Prime @ 29 January 2008, 22:52) *
Very nice animations.

Hm, I'm not sure if Autodesk 3D studio max supports anything else then Windows operating system, but I'm sure that one of the freeware alternatives that Protek mentioned supports other platforms then PC smile.gif

As for trying out the freewares, I do have minor experience with Blender, didn't like it. And as it's 3Ds max I'm educated in I went the extra *hush* *hush* mile to get the software wink2.gif

Doesn't GMax have the same look and feel as 3DS Max?

I'm actually interested about the Daz Studio. It actually depends, how well it supports creating items from scratch and making transformations.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.