Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full version: NTFA Mini-Con genders
NTFA Forums > Miscellaneous forums > Auto Assembly Europe and other conventions and fan gatherings
palaste
After the Arlöv Mini-Con, I realised something about the past NTFA Mini-Cons. Specifically, about country and gender distributions. In short: Finnish women are far more active in Mini-Cons than women in any other countries are. Inkku has been in every NTFA Mini-Con except two, and so has Blackarachnia. Midnight Express has been in two Mini-Cons. Satusein has been in one, without her boyfriend. But what about the non-Finnish women? Predaqueen has been in one Mini-Con, and only because she co-hosted it with her husband. Fighbird's girlfriend Marie and BigPete's fiancée Maria, and Soundblaster's mother, were at the Arlöv Mini-Con, but I think they were there only to accompany their spouses and son. Are the Finnish female NTFA members really so much more active in the fandom or is it just a coincidence?
SureShot
Well I don't know any danish female TransFormers collecters except for your new board member, but that's also about it.
palaste
QUOTE(SureShot @ 6 December 2007, 23:57) *
Well I don't know any danish female TransFormers collecters except for your new board member, but that's also about it.

We do have some fairly active Swedish women, why do they never come to Mini-Cons?
Splitfire
QUOTE(palaste @ 9 December 2007, 20:02) *

We do have some fairly active Swedish women, why do they never come to Mini-Cons?

Cork oak, flowers, sniff! tongue.gif
palaste
QUOTE(Splitfire @ 29 December 2007, 01:40) *

Eh, what?
Groundsplitter
QUOTE(palaste @ 29 December 2007, 16:16) *
QUOTE(Splitfire @ 29 December 2007, 01:40) *

Eh, what?
From Ferdinand the Bull, in the Walt Disney Christmas show:
"Why aren't you playing around with the other calves, and butt one another as they do?"
"I like it better here [under the cork oak], where I can take it easy and sniff the flowers!"
Psychotron
...or maybe swedish girls just are wimps... biggrin.gif
Splitfire
QUOTE(Psychotron @ 30 December 2007, 22:34) *

Nope! Some of us just are insane... tongue.gif
Inkku
QUOTE(Splitfire @ 31 December 2007, 00:39) *
QUOTE(Psychotron @ 30 December 2007, 22:34) *

Nope! Some of us just are insane... tongue.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.