Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full version: Awesome contests with prizes at the Mini-Con!
NTFA Forums > Miscellaneous forums > Auto Assembly Europe and other conventions and fan gatherings
BigPete
We are pleased to announce that the program for the convention is coming along just fine, and we will hold three different contests with great prizes!

1. Cyber Slammer racing! - We will have a bunch of Cyber Slammers ready to go for those who want to race, and the fastest will win something really nice!

2. "Transform the fastest" - How well do you remember your Transformers, and how quick are your fingers? Take a shot at transforming a random figure as fast as you can!

3. Art contest - Bring along your drawings, paintings, digibashes, and kitbashes and put them on display for the weekend! On Sunday, we will hold a vote and decide who the winner is!

Don't forget; plenty of awesome prizes for the winners, so start preparing!
Tformer
QUOTE(BigPete @ 21 September 2007, 17:12) *
1. Cyber Slammer racing! - We will have a bunch of Cyber Slammers ready to go for those who want to race, and the fastest will win something really nice!

Doh! I've passed on cyber slammers this far. Probably should pick up one to practice.

2. "Transform the fastest" - How well do you remember your Transformers, and how quick are your fingers? Take a shot at transforming a random figure as fast as you can!

I hope you won't choose any expensive figures. Or alternator Mustangs for that matter tongue.gif

3. Art contest - Bring along your drawings, paintings, digibashes, and kitbashes and put them on display for the weekend! On Sunday, we will hold a vote and decide who the winner is!

Is there a limit for how old the work can be? I did a digibash some time ago that turned out really nice that I could enter with.

BigPete
all art can be as old or new as you want it to be smile.gif
BigPete
Just remember to print the digibashes on normal paper before bringing them to the convention. Having a load of computers set up for the sole purpose of displaying digibashes might be a bit exaggerated wink2.gif
Soundblaster
Are the figures from a special series or just random in the transforming contest?
Just asking. unsure.gif
palaste
QUOTE(BigPete @ 21 September 2007, 18:12) *

So who won the vote?
BigPete
QUOTE(palaste @ 5 November 2007, 21:16) *
QUOTE(BigPete @ 21 September 2007, 18:12) *

So who won the vote?

It's included in my convention report, but here goes:

3rd place; Danish, non-member dude named Niels. Had a painting of Screamer and Megs. Very nice!
2nd place: Me, with Convention Exclusive Micromaster Darkwings (will make a gallery later)
1st place: Fighbird, with all of his various creations smile.gif
Skybolt
Dont we get to see what mysterious project Fighbird was making for the convention ? smile.gif
Groundsplitter
QUOTE(Skybolt @ 5 November 2007, 22:10) *
Dont we get to see what mysterious project Fighbird was making for the convention ? smile.gif

Unless there's something else that I have missed, that would be the Darkwings exclusive that Fighbird and BigPete were working on together, and which BigPete won 2nd prize for.

BigPete came up with the idea/design I believe, and he even created a box for the Micromaster duo, and Fighbird did the actual remoulding/repainting. Hydra was based on the Micromaster Storm Cloud mould, and Buster on the Micromaster Eagle Eye mould. They could both transform and combine. Unfortunately there wasn't nearly enough time to create 25-30 copies in time for the convention, so the idea to make an exclusive of it was scrapped.
BigPete
QUOTE(Groundsplitter @ 6 November 2007, 05:57) *
QUOTE(Skybolt @ 5 November 2007, 22:10) *

Unless there's something else that I have missed, that would be the Darkwings exclusive that Fighbird and BigPete were working on together, and which BigPete won 2nd prize for.

BigPete came up with the idea/design I believe, and he even created a box for the Micromaster duo, and Fighbird did the actual remoulding/repainting. Hydra was based on the Micromaster Storm Cloud mould, and Buster on the Micromaster Eagle Eye mould. They could both transform and combine. Unfortunately there wasn't nearly enough time to create 25-30 copies in time for the convention, so the idea to make an exclusive of it was scrapped.

I actually think that Martin meant the G2 Stunticons when he said "special project". Oh well, we'll just have to wait and see smile.gif He'll reply to this thread sooner or later, I imagine wink2.gif
Fighbird
Joona took a picture of the set, which was indeed my "secret project":

Unfortunately, most of the parts I ordered didn't arrive in time for the convention, so I couldn't display them as Menasor (yes, they still transform and combine). Will do a more thorough picture shoot when I get the time.

I have no idea which exact project of mine got the winning votes, but I do hope it was this one. smile.gif

Thanks to all who voted for me! tongue.gif
BigPete
QUOTE(Fighbird @ 6 November 2007, 10:18) *
I have no idea which exact project of mine got the winning votes, but I do hope it was this one. smile.gif

Thanks to all who voted for me! tongue.gif

Actually, the Micromaster Stunticons were awesome as well! smile.gif Glad to see my Freeway was put to good use wink2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.