Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full version: The NTFA meeting in Turku 12.-14.8.
NTFA Forums > Miscellaneous forums > Auto Assembly Europe and other conventions and fan gatherings
Psychotron
So, the NTFA-meeting is been and done. Me and Sonja really enjoyed it, and hopefully everyone attended has the same feelings. You guys rock! (Yeah rock, not "sock" wink2.gif )

Because of the many pictures, I'll divide this to two posts. Some of the pictures are taken by Osku, the others by Sonja.

PART I

Lars arrived to Turku terminal Saturday evening at 19:50, and after a small "scenic route" we arrived to our residence at about 21.30.
Lars had slept most of the ship trip (say THAT quickly three times in a row biggrin.gif ), so none of us was tired, and we had loads of interesting conversations in- and outside the world of TFs.
There was no real repertuar there, just nice comfy being, having something little to eat and just talking, so let's move on to Sunday.
Everyone agreed that the pics are freely to be shown, so here we go:

We met at Turku Cathedral as agreed. Sonja's (Blackarachnia's) working place, The Pit, was right alongside the church, so we went to see that first, and Sonja told people this and that about archaeology and Turku history.

After that we went eating to a nice new place that's quite near our place, called Pronto. It was a nice surprise: The food was actually quite good, and price/amount of food-comparison was very satisfying. I seem to have forgotten to take those pics along, so we have to wait for Osku's and Inkku's ones.

On our place the first thing was business. Lotsof trading, buying and selling, also bit outside TFs, but mostly the actual items. Especially Osku's stock of extra figures vanished to greedy new owners, me among the others.  I bought BM big Jetstorm, Rattrap and Strika plus BW Sky Shadow.

Lars and Osku looking at some G2 figure, Inkku and Elisa (Midnight Express) checking out other merchandise, Palaste being in the Twilight Zone as usual... tongue.gif

Then it was cartoon time. We watched the More Than Meets The Eye 1-3, with swedish dub and finnish subtitles, and as Elisa alreay pointed out in the other thread, I'll quote Galvatron: "This is bad comedy"... The swedish dub was actually mostly quite ok, except for example that Soundwave sounded really depressed, like Marvin the Paranoid robot from the Hitchhiker's Guide to Galaxy...

People watching the MTMTE. The expressions of the audience tell it all...

...for example, the cartoon seemed to be a bit too exciting for Sonja... tongue.gif

Some time later we took probably the most hilarious and peculiar quiz about TFs ever, made by Osku "The Tormentor" Jaakkola. ("That's not fair! Sonja, where's my sword??")
The questions were quite ingenious and evil. I bet Inkku's Unicron might have enjoyed them...

Then it was time for another great program number. Osku had brought these weird robots that transformed into letters,

, and everyone had to sit side by side with their opponents, pick a robot that one presumed changed into desired letter, and out of them create a name of a Transformer that was selected in advance. Here go

Sonja vs Elisa

Lars vs Inkku

Me vs Palaste.

The competition was quite hilarious, more pics of it probably later by others. smile.gif Osku couldn't participate, since he was the referee...

End of part one. A bit more disturbing pictures coming in about fifteen minutes...
Taggenagger
Dangit, I should've been there. Count me in next time. I'd like to see more of that evil quiz, care to share? smile.gif
Fighbird
DAMMIT, that looks like a fun meet-up! Next time, I'm SOOOO there.  smile.gif

It's always nice to get some real faces to the monickers (looks like Psychotron is a little camera shy, eh?  wink2.gif ), and it looks like you guys had real fun. Excellent party game ideas, Osku!

I've decided that I'm going to cut into my graduation funds to pay for a plane ticket to where-ever there'll be a meet-up next time -- provided I don't have to work that day etc. and all the usual excuses.  tongue.gif

Having a 3-room big apartment all to myself, I have plenty of room to host a gettogether here, if someone was interested -- I live fairly close to the local airport, and all are welcome to stay the night etc.

But back to the regular programming: Time to make room for part 2...  bounce1.gif
Psychotron
PART II

We had loads of interesting conversations (well duh) about cartoons, toys, comics, writers etc., and people read comics here and there, transformed the toys lying all around

Palaste working on RID X-Brawn,

Inkku's puzzle, BM big Jetstorm,

Me happily fiddling with my brand-bought BW Sky Shadow.

Unfortunately Elisa had to leave bit early, so she missed the next one. Hopely she still had a good time.

As the evening grew old, we listened some music, and since Palaste was last time keen in seeing me in my full heavy metalist-outlook, we decided to equip Palaste as a full-blooded metalhead! biggrin.gif

Pure f******g Armageddonnnhh... laugh.gif

Cannibal Corpse teared through our speakers, and me and Joona were moshing our brains out! biggrin.gif

Path, Bigpete, you would have LOVED this! laugh.gif

Inkku took it all on videotape, and in the morning Joona was sitting in the couch and checking out the performance...

Palaste, dude, you rock! biggrin.gif

The next morning I walked Lars to the ship at about 08.24 or something. The rest of the bunch stayed yet for a while, Joona saw finally the TF Movie Teaser, Osku showed me stuff on a cd he had brought and given to me. It contains loads of fan fiction, so I think I have lots of good stuff to read on the cold winter nights.
Then we did a small city tour, checked out couple of stores, bought some comics, Transformers and DVDs/CDs, and after that it was time for goodbyes. For now.

All in all, me and Sonja both really enjoyed the weekend and your company, people. It was great finally to meet Lars and Osku, and to meet Inkku, Palaste and Elisa again.

Here's a group picture of the attendants this time:

I just can't wait for the next time!
BigPete
Man, that looks like a blast! I'm actually p****d off for not being able to be there with you guys...

So.... Sweden next time? smile.gif Or maybe Martin's place? ;)
Fighbird
Hey, welcome one -- welcome all!  smile.gif

And my offer is serious, so remember that, if people start planning something and need a place to crash!

But maybe we should wait 'till people's wallets are filled up again...  tongue.gif  Wouldn't mind it being in (the southern part of) Sweden next time, either; would personally love to see as many as possible in one place.

But, erm... do we have to wear metal-outfits? The best I can do is a scale armour... hehe (bad joke...  wink2.gif ).
Taggenagger
I want to get my driver's license fixed first, and a car to that. But I'm on it.
Midnight Express
I KNEW IT! I look stoned again! laugh.gif  Friggin' flash!
Leobreaker
It looks like you guys have a really great time and it would have been fun to be there with you... but I hope I can come next time  smile.gif

And as bigpete said, it would be great if we could have a meeting in Sweden next time.  smile.gif
Groundsplitter
QUOTE(Psychotron @ 14 aug. 2006,20:23)
Some time later we took probably the most hilarious and peculiar quiz about TFs ever, made by Osku "The Tormentor" Jaakkola. ("That's not fair! Sonja, where's my sword??")
The questions were quite ingenious and evil. I bet Inkku's Unicron might have enjoyed them...

Then it was time for another great program number. Osku had brought these weird robots that transformed into letters,

I want to say that Osku's preparations, with the quiz and the transforming letter-robot game (which was actually part of the quiz - the points Sonja, me and Turo acquired for our respective wins were added to the quiz score) did a lot to elevate the meeting to a high level.
If/when we ever arrange a full-scale Nordic Transformers convention, I really hope Osku will be there to arrange some of the activities and competitions. smile.gif
Midnight Express
QUOTE(Groundsplitter @ 14 Elo 2006,22:42)

I want to say that Osku's preparations, with the quiz and the transforming letter-robot game (which was actually part of the quiz - the points Sonja, me and Turo acquired for our respective wins were added to the quiz score) did a lot to elevate the meeting to a high level.
If/when we ever arrange a full-scale Nordic Transformers convention, I really hope Osku will be there to arrange some of the activities and competitions. smile.gif

My favorite was the "Guess Who" game. "Dead: yes and no." "BW Ravage: yes and no."
predaking
That looks so awesome, it really pisses me off laugh.gif

I NEED to be in on the next get-together. But Turku is too far away for us for just a visit for a day or two. Perhaps Denmark or Sweden next time? I know Norway makes little sense to most of you...

BUT we can offer Europe's only museum of a near-complete collection of boxed transformers released in Japan, world-class gourmet food and wine, a 100" screen for watching transformers, and a pretty hostess biggrin.gif
BigPete
QUOTE(Fighbird @ 14 aug. 2006,20:56)
Wouldn't mind it being in (the southern part of) Sweden next time, either; would personally love to see as many as possible in one place.

But, erm... do we have to wear metal-outfits? The best I can do is a scale armour... hehe (bad joke...  :;): ).

Yeah, wouldn't mind that either smile.gif But I'm afraid I don't have the room to let people crash here... We only have a two room apartment.. Maybe we could squeeze in one or two people for the night if they don't mind sleeping on the couch or on the floor. But then again, we have a big balcony ;)

And heck yes we have to wear metal-outfits! ;)

Just remembered that we're supposed to buy new sofas this month... that means one person in each sofa, two on the floor in the livingroom, and one poor schmuck on the balcony ;) So FIVE people can sleep here if necessary ;) Come on down! biggrin.gif
BigPete
QUOTE(predaking @ 14 aug. 2006,22:17)
100" screen for watching transformers

ooooh.... Let's watch the Transformers Takara DVD with the Singapore dub on that big screen ;)
**BRUTICUS**
sounds like a fun time smile.gif bounce1.gif
SureShot
Looks awesome ! I really wished I'd been there !.

Fighbird/Martin: I'd be happy to help you out with a DK based BOTCON biggrin.gif ... perhaps even Sir Grimlock too I he can get some time-off from the household ;)
Mr.H
Looks really cool... biggrin.gif Ill see what i can do the next time as well.. mabye i can get off the diper changing one day tongue.gif
Aeris
fun next time i come too smile.gif
Tformer
QUOTE(bigpete @ 14 aug. 2006,22:24)
and one poor schmuck on the balcony ;)

And sold laugh.gif
Seriusly if you would host something like that and I could get the time and money to travel a bit further down in this long and thin country I would happily sleep on your balcony tongue.gif
What do ya say is it big enough for a small 1 person tent wink2.gif
Stolpen
QUOTE(predaking @ 14 aug. 2006,22:17)
That looks so awesome, it really pisses me off  laugh.gif

I NEED to be in on the next get-together. But Turku is too far away for us for just a visit for a day or two. Perhaps Denmark or Sweden next time? I know Norway makes little sense to most of you...

BUT we can offer Europe's only museum of a near-complete collection of boxed transformers released in Japan, world-class gourmet food and wine, a 100" screen for watching transformers, and a pretty hostess  biggrin.gif

I agree, the best location for everyone would be somewhere in central sweden I guess...

Would also like to come, of course if I can afford it with the money I get from studying..
Path
QUOTE(Psychotron @ 14 aug. 2006,20:45)

Cannibal Corpse teared through our speakers, and me and Joona were moshing our brains out!  :D

Path, Bigpete, you would have LOVED this! laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif HAHA! Awesome!

In the end it turned out that I didn't go to Närcon either. The arrangers only paid for 6 traintickets. 5 - band, 1 - my brother.

But I promise that next time I will surely, most definitely come. Provided I don't work..

I do actually have a big enough house, 3 floors, and plenty of room/floorspace, I could try to convince my parents to leave the house one weekend and we could have the gettogether at my place ;) Hope no one is allergic to cats!
palaste
It was a really fun experience for me too. I got to finally meet Osku, whom I have known for years, and who even lives in the same city as I. Osku may appear somewhat sarcastic on this forum, but trust me, in real life he's very friendly and lots of fun.
Seeing Psychotron's and Blackarachnia's apartment was another experience. I know they are both Transformers and fantasy fans, Psychotron is a heavy metal fan and Blackarachnia is a sci-fi fan, but I didn't realise they had that much toys, books, comics, and other things. It certainly makes my 28 m² apartment in the center of Helsinki (well, almost center) look really boring. So Sonja, do you want to buy my Star Trek book collection when I'm done with it?
Elisa had to leave in the evening because she has school. The rest of us stayed overnight. I had to sleep in Psychotron's and Blackarachnia's corridor, and unfortunately didn't get much sleep at first. Everyone (except Blackarachnia) woke up when it was time for Lars to leave back to Sweden, and we stayed up after that. We went on a sight-seeing and toy-buying trip around the center of Turku, and everyone except I bought lots of stuff. (I bought one CD and one comic book.) Inkku gave me and Osku a lift back to Salo, and we took a train from there to Helsinki. Inkku's aunt was staying in Salo so they left together from there, on a different route.

Maybe after two or three months we can all meet up in Oulu Rovaniemi Tromsø Honningsvåg southern Sweden.
palaste
QUOTE(Midnight Express @ 14 Elo 2006,22:46)
QUOTE(Groundsplitter @ 14 Elo 2006,22:42)

My favorite was the "Guess Who" game. "Dead: yes and no." "BW Ravage: yes and no."

I won that! I who know the least about Beast Wars here!
BigPete
QUOTE(Tformer @ 15 aug. 2006,00:29)
What do ya say is it big enough for a small 1 person tent  :;):

Yeah, if we put all the furniture someplace else tongue.gif You wouldn't need a tent though. There's a couch which is surprisingly comfortable to sleep in, we have plenty of quilts, blankets and covers, and a radiator smile.gif
Psychotron
I didn't realize that our place made such an impression to you, Joona. But nice to hear that! smile.gif  I was also really happy that most of the gang from the last meeting AND Osku managed to come, though he first was having some trouble coming. And especially after seeing how much we had in common also in other hobbies than TFs, my first thought after they left was a pity that we didn't have more time for other good discussions. Well, fortunately there's always the next time. smile.gif

And of course the one thing I was really happy about was that Lars managed to come. I think he made the most effort in getting here, and I'm really glad to hear he had a good time with us! bounce1.gif

"Is it over...? Finally! I was beginning to worry that they'd drink all the cider... But this one's mine! *snicker*"
palaste
QUOTE(Fighbird @ 14 Elo 2006,21:34)
Having a 3-room big apartment all to myself, I have plenty of room to host a gettogether here, if someone was interested -- I live fairly close to the local airport, and all are welcome to stay the night etc.

How come you have a 3-room big apartment all to yourself?
Osku
The first thing. Thanks for Sonja and Turo for the trouble of hosting the meeting. Definitely better solution to spend the night in Turku than leave at the last train back to Helsinki. Still, if next time if there'll be more people, I really recommend that some people go to stay the night in a hotel/hostel. I slept well, as I usually sleep on hard surface anyway, but waking up and seeing a sword hanging above you (not kidding) isn't the most relaxing thing. biggrin.gif

I suppose it's easier for me to write a similar report as Psychotron did. Maybe skipping some pictures and topics he wrote, but you can see all my pictures here. Cropped and edited some of the pictures a bit...
http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/bwkuvat/turku/

I met Joona (Palaste) and Heidi (Inkku) in Helsinki in Sunday morning. I didn't realise until that morning that Heidi had been in Salo which is on the way Turku and train goes through it. So she actually woke up very early drove over 200 kilometers just to pick us up. Very nicely done and I thank for it, but we could have used the train Helsinki-Salo as we did on trip back to Helsinki. I promised that I won't be teasing her about it... much. ;)

Turku cathedral and The Pit were interesting. Thanks for others coming along and Sonja for the pit information.

Took two pictures in which either Lars or Turo and Elisa looked bad. As I'm actually a rather nice (kiltti) person, I chose to combine the pictures. tongue.gif

The food place we visited also had good and filling vegetarian option as well.

We made a deal that if someone starts speaking Finnish while Lars is around, others have a permission to hit him/her. So, when TV started talking Finnish Turo dealt with it like whe had agreed.

I'm not sure if watching the MTMTE with Swedish dub was fun or just torture. I noticed that watching people's reactions (mostly mental pain and empty "shell shocked" looks and occasional laughter) was more interesting.

Production values for the three parted opening for cartoon were higher than I remembered.

Trivia teams. I had tried to make hard but fair questions and make sort of balanced teams. Participatiants didn't believe me when I told that I had tried hard to keep my (twisted) sense of humour in check while doing the questions. ;)

Heidi & Joona. They did pretty well even if they lost and I was really surprised that our Finnish side's unofficial G1-Zombie Joona got the "Who am I?" solution right (BW Tripredacus Agent).

Elisa (Midnight Express) & Turo (Psychotron) were in the lead after the first round of questions, and with many more points than I thought. Maybe I'll need to make the next trivia harder...

Sonja (Blackarachnia) and Lars (Groundsplitter) won (½ point more than Elisa and Turo) the whole trivia after the action part of trivia.

I'm glad that the letter thing worked. I had actually more defined plan for that part, but it was surpringly hard to think even two 6 letter names that used each letter once. If someone else has a complete set of letters, it'd be a tremedous help...

Letters look like this. Also a comparison picture for more common sized versions, at least in Finland I've seen only these smaller ones.

To be continued...
Osku
It's actually harder than you'd think before hand.

What/who the heck is Socket by the way?

And the program number that made me giggle uncontrollably. I think of it as "Palaste Transformation". tongue.gif

Ennen.
Före.
Before.

Jälkeen.
Efter.
After.

Seuraavana päivänä.
Dagen efter.
The day after.

My loot from the meeting.
-Headmasters box from NTFA store. Thanks Lars, I'll check my account about that non-arrived payment today.
-"Immortal" movie based on Enki Bilal's comics and utilising CGI animation. Many, many thanks for Turo noticing it. Was prepared to pay about 20 euros for it, but got it for 3 euros.
-An excellent Koffing toy (makes noises). Became an instant hit and I had to fight Heidi and Turo keep their hands off of Koffing. smile.gif
-Combat warrior Turtles from Salo. Cheap. Was planning to give those anyway to my brother as some kind of present, but then I remembered that it was his birthday. Talk about luck.

On the whole meeting was nice. I don't think I'd enjoy going for example Botcon, but I liked the sort of... intimate feeling this meeting had.

I especially liked the opportunity to actuallyt discuss a bit more thoroughly of some things. Some topics to be discussed later on on forums as well.
-Infiltration, after the last issue has arrived. smile.gif
-FIBRIR or FIRRIB, and why other option is just an error? Turo, I forgot to mention that they fixed the error for the Japanese dub of cartoon. wink2.gif
-What to realistically expect of the movie and how to take advantage of the situation? Should we prepare for a wave of new members? Could we actually hope for some comics specials to be published here again? etc.
Groundsplitter
QUOTE(Osku @ 15 aug. 2006,12:12)
On the whole meeting was nice. I don't think I'd enjoy going for example Botcon, but I liked the sort of... intimate feeling this meeting had.

Actually, with this great quiz/competition you had put together I think you brought the meeting one step closer to what BotCon has to offer. smile.gif

That, together with the dealing/trading, giving out some small gifts (Turo and Sonja had purchased some Multiforce knock-offs for everyone, and Osku had compiled CDs with fanfic and fanart), the viewing and mocking of a horrendous dub/sub, and the evening discussion about Transformers, comics and literature, made the event "complete" for me.
palaste
QUOTE(Osku @ 15 Elo 2006,13:12)

What/who the heck is Socket by the way?

http://www.tfu.info/2005/Micron/Socket/socket.htm
Blackarachnia
QUOTE(palaste @ 15 Elo 2006,07:15)
Psychotron is a heavy metal fan

So Sonja, do you want to buy my Star Trek book collection when I'm done with it?

I'm also a heavy metal fan.

Hmm... Don't know about that book collection just yet... I haven't read any Star Trek -books, so I don't know if I'd like them.

Anyway, I really had fun at this "minicon" and I hope there's going to be more of them. smile.gif

Edit: Oh, and no one has answered my trivia question yet: "How many mammoths fit into Optimus Prime's trailer?" wink2.gif
Groundsplitter
Okay, here are my thoughts about the weekend. There's not so much about the meeting itself (I'm saving that for later, possibly even for the report on the website), but more of what it meant for me personally.

"Wow, what a fun weekend this was!" (that's my first line of the draft I started writing on the journey back)

As I said as I was leaving on Monday morning, I have been to two larger fan gatherings in the past, BotCon '98 in Anaheim, and BotCon Europe 2002 in Cheshunt, UK, but I think this is the most successful/rewarding gathering I've been to.
We have long been toying with the idea that "some day we should arrange a full-scale Nordic Transformers convention" - an utopian but very distant goal that I don't think most of us has seen as that likely. We still have a long way to go to before that dream can become a reality, but for the first time I could actually visualize for my inner eye what a Nordic TF convention could be like! All the important pieces were here - we associated with people we are familiar/acquainted with, we traded, we competed and tested our knowledge against each other, we had fun watching the poor performances in some old episodes (how lucky we were that there actually exists a tape with Finnish subtitles over a Swedish voice track! It would have been tough finding something capable of tormenting everyone present otherwise), and we discussed. The only thing you can argue was missing compared to the bigger conventions are the expert panels, but I think the evening discussion more than made up for that.

But the thing that really elevated this above the two full-scale conventions was to be surrounded by peers, people with similar backgrounds as yourself (with "background" I mean living in a region with limited Transformers and Transformers-related media; we share the same hardships: for all of us RID was something that happened elsewhere, none of us have ever seen a TF:Universe figure on the pegs in the local toy stores, and so on). At both BotCon '98 and BCE 2002 there were lots of times that I felt like an outsider because I couldn't relate to the experiences the other attendees had. Not so here. Here everyone was welcome, regardless of how much or how little you know (I hope everyone else felt so too).
And that is exactly what made me think of those dreams of a Nordic TF convention. I'm quite confident that the attendees at a Nordic convention would feel as welcome and get along as well as we did this weekend.

On a more personal level, this was a very wholesome experience for me. It was great to get a few more faces to connect to the names of people who participate on the forums and who buy things from the NTFA Store.
I have been running the club for 8 years now (we're just four days short of the anniversary!) and the store for more than half that time, and as many of you know I have been a bit tired and worn out in recent years. One of many reasons is the never-ending duty to people I don't know that much about.
And from that perspective this Finnish "mini-con" was very invigorating! It's five more faceless names who have now turned into actual people (five, since I have met Joona twice before). On a subconscious, more emotional level this gives me more power to go on, now that I know a few more of the people I'm dealing with. smile.gif

I'm hoping that there will be other NTFA meetings like this one soon, and I will definitely try to go there (as long as it fits into my schedules, of course - I can't change the exam dates or the deadlines for the auction catalogues).

I have actually been invited to Oslo later this autumn, by Rikard Bakke/Motormaster, and I would love to meet some of the Norwegians while I'm there. Unfortunately Rikard is unable to host a meeting at his place, but if enough people are interested, perhaps we can come up with some other ideas?
We haven't set a date for my Oslo visit yet, but I think October 28-29, November 4-5, or November 11-12 are possible weekends.
Osku
I realised after Lars' message that I haven't spoken much about other people I met there. That's not because I didn't like Meeting people or would have somethingbad to say about them. tongue.gif Just feeling that most of the personal stuff talked there isn't/wasn't meant for to be written on the board.

By the way, it was useful to hear I may come across as sarcastic on the forums. I very rarely mean to be unpolite (and you would propably notice if I got angry), but I'm so used to friendly word exchange with my friends (which some people could interpretate as continuous insults), that sometimes I seem to forget to moderate myself on the forum.

QUOTE(Blackarachnia @ 15 Elo 2006,17:29)
Edit: Oh, and no one has answered my trivia question yet: "How many mammoths fit into Optimus Prime's trailer?"  :;):

It'd require watching the episode, was it "Dinobot Island"? I'm not ready for that kind of psychological trauma so soon after MTMTE Swedish dub. sad.gif

Sort of enjoyed the 3 first episodes of Headmasters DVD box. I was a bit surprised about that. smile.gif Too bad there seems to be errors in translation, but I knew to expect that.
palaste
QUOTE(Blackarachnia @ 15 Elo 2006,17:29)
QUOTE(palaste @ 15 Elo 2006,07:15)
So Sonja, do you want to buy my Star Trek book collection when I'm done with it?

Hmm... Don't know about that book collection just yet... I haven't read any Star Trek -books, so I don't know if I'd like them.

Well, you have at least half a year left to decide. I've not yet even done with the DS9 books, and then there's the Voyager books after that.
palaste
Creation Matrix's message about staying overnight in Helsinki for Animecon/Finncon got me wondering. Does anyone really have any experience about hotels/hostels in his/her own hometown? I, for one, do not. I can recommend hotels/hostels in Turku, Jyväskylä, Kajaani, Tromsø, Kuressaare, London, Munich, Seeboden, for example, but none in Helsinki. The reason is simple: I have an apartment here. And I can stay overnight at my parents' too. Why should I bother going to a hotel or a hostel? Because of this, I can't recommend any place for Creation Matrix to stay in.
Zyking
QUOTE(predaking @ 14 Aug. 2006,22:17)
That looks so awesome, it really pisses me off  laugh.gif

BUT we can offer Europe's only museum of a near-complete collection of boxed transformers released in Japan, world-class gourmet food and wine, a 100" screen for watching transformers, and a pretty hostess  biggrin.gif

Pretty hostess you say? I'm SO there! laugh.gif

Well seriously, if we could arrange some meetings in Norway a couple times during a year that would be cool.

Not that I wouldnt appreciate some meetings in Denmark, Sweden and Finland for that matter. I'll see if I can come next time theres a meeting, whereever it is.

That meeting in Turku sure looked like lots of fun. smile.gif

Lars: If you ever come to Oslo to meet Rikard, count me in as well. I'm pretty sure I can find the time for it. smile.gif
Creation Matrix
QUOTE(palaste @ 15 Aug. 2006,19:58)
Because of this, I can't recommend any place for Creation Matrix to stay in.

Well, I do have two sisters, both of whom live in or near Helsinki. That's where me and my dad are staying the one night we do spend there (dad's driving me there and back again).

Since this conversation jumped here from the Finnish boards, here's a short version of it:

*I'm going to Helsinki to visit the Japanese Embassy to apply for a student visa, arriving on Thursday afternoon and leaving on Friday afternoon
*Finncon/Animecon (scifi and anime convention) would be on the following weekend, so I considered staying for a bit longer to attend it and leaving by train
*then I remembered I had already agreed to have a gaming day with my friends on Saturday, so there went that plan

I will meet Osku if all goes as planned, though.
Splitfire
QUOTE(palaste @ 15 aug. 2006,09:03)

What's so odd about having a big apartment all to yourself?? cc_confused.gif I have it too, if you don't count the furballs.

I wish I could come to things like this, but I'm having too little time and too many animals... sad.gif
Fighbird
QUOTE(palaste @ 15 Aug. 2006,09:03)

Like Spitfire wrote, I don't see the odd thing about that, but if you really want to know, it's because me and my girlfriend decided to call it quits a month ago on good terms, and I decided to stay in the apartment.

So now there are Transformers EVERYwhere! laugh.gif
Inkku
QUOTE(Fighbird @ 16 Elo 2006,12:02)
QUOTE(palaste @ 15 Aug. 2006,09:03)

Like Spitfire wrote, I don't see the odd thing about that, but if you really want to know, it's because me and my girlfriend decided to call it quits a month ago on good terms, and I decided to stay in the apartment.

So now there are Transformers EVERYwhere!  laugh.gif

i'm living also alone in a big house.. three bedrooms, kitchen, livingroom and so on.. tongue.gif  just me.. and my cat biggrin.gif

if you don't belive me, just ask Palaste about it tongue.gif
palaste
QUOTE(Psychotron @ 14 Elo 2006,21:23)

People watching the MTMTE. The expressions of the audience tell it all...

Am I really that skinny? The photographs from the front make me look normal, but this is from the side, with my arms and legs stretched out. I look like some sort of spider compared to Lars and Inkku.
Groundsplitter
QUOTE(palaste @ 12 sep. 2006,20:41)
Am I really that skinny? The photographs from the front make me look normal, but this is from the side, with my arms and legs stretched out. I look like some sort of spider compared to Lars and Inkku.

Well, I'm not exactly thin myself, but yes, I think you're quite skinny. smile.gif
If I remember correctly you mentioned a while ago that you weigh quite little, and that little weight is distributed over a quite tall body, which only enhances the image that you're skinny. smile.gif
Inkku
[QUOTE=palaste,12 Syys 2006,21:41][quote=Psychotron,14 Elo 2006,21:23]
Am I really that skinny? The photographs from the front make me look normal, but this is from the side, with my arms and legs stretched out. I look like some sort of spider compared to Lars and Inkku.[/QUOTE]
well.. i'm a "little" over weight by my self.. tongue.gif  short and over weight..  so i don't think at it is good to comparison me to enyone tongue.gif
Osku
Wasn't there supposed to more pictures after a certain member whose name I won't mention gets the USB cable fixed...
Groundsplitter
QUOTE(Osku @ 13 sep. 2006,15:22)
Wasn't there supposed to more pictures after a certain member whose name I won't mention gets the USB cable fixed...

I'll try to take care of it this weekend. As usual I have been awfully busy in the last few weeks...
palaste
QUOTE(Groundsplitter @ 13 September 2006, 16:36) *
QUOTE(Osku @ 13 sep. 2006,15:22)

I'll try to take care of it this weekend. As usual I have been awfully busy in the last few weeks...

Now that you've got around to posting pictures, how about this meeting then?
Groundsplitter
QUOTE(palaste @ 13 June 2007, 09:40) *
Now that you've got around to posting pictures, how about this meeting then?
I don't have any groupshots from the Turku Mini-Con. I have other pictures, of course, but since they're not as urgent (the requests were for groupshots tongue.gif ) I'm planning to save them for when I put together the Mini-Con section on the website.
It's not that I'll use all my pictures and/or only my pictures (because that's not the case), but it's easier for me to handle the personal reporting and the reports on the website simultaneously.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.