NewsNTFA ForumsTransformers movie seriesWWTFU Character profilesStore

Welcome Guest ( Log in | Register )

Welcome, guest. Register to remove this message!
Hello, and welcome to NTFA Forums!
To post in our community you must register, but don't worry - this is a simple, free process that only takes a few moments to complete. Register now!

Advantages of registering include:
  • You get rid of this giant box and Optimus Prime trying to recruit you
  • You will be able to start topics, post replies, and vote in our polls
  • You can track topics of particular interest to you, and search for all new posts since your last visit
  • You get to associate and chat with a group of friendly and helpful Nordic Transformers fans ;)

Important announcement: An advance notice: I intend to close to NTFA Forums on 24 May 2018. The board will be removed completely, you will not be able to browse old information.

The reason is the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) from the European Union, which will take effect on 25 May. Read more about the decision here.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> NTFA Forums close on 24 May, a new version is under consideration
Groundsplitter
post 16 May 2018, 13:42
Post #1 | Print
Admin

Lars Eriksson
Knivsta, Sweden

Group: Root admin

As reported 9 months ago, I'm shutting down the current versions of the NTFA Forums because of the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which take effect next Friday. I have now decided to shut down the board on 24 May, the day before the new law takes effect.

However, I am now considering installing a new version of the software, and start over from scratch. It might not happen already on May 24-25, but I will try to launch it as soon as I can (I will need to make thorough adjustments to make sure that both the forum - and indeed the website as well - works as it is supposed to). When the board is relaunched, the next year will be a test run to see if there's still enough activity to keep the board online.

As for why we will be starting over from scratch instead of just transfering the current content ... too much work, unfortunately, and way too much non-GDPR-compliant "baggage". With so many inactive members there's no reasonable way to get them all to agree to the new terms and conditions, so I would likely have to spend months checking what stuff must be deleted.

This post has been edited by Groundsplitter: 16 May 2018, 13:43

--------------------
E-mail address: groundsplitter@ntfa.net
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tetsuro
post 19 May 2018, 13:26
Post #2 | Print
I HATE EVERYTHING

Emperor of Destruction
Finland

Group: Members

QUOTE(Groundsplitter @ 16 May 2018, 14:42) *
As for why we will be starting over from scratch instead of just transfering the current content ... too much work, unfortunately, and way too much non-GDPR-compliant "baggage". With so many inactive members there's no reasonable way to get them all to agree to the new terms and conditions, so I would likely have to spend months checking what stuff must be deleted.

That's fair.

Too many message boards are clogged with dead accounts, a lot of them are probably just spam accounts anyway.

--------------------
G1 wanted! See the thread!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-fi version Time is now: 21 May 2018 - 19:52