NewsNTFA ForumsTransformers movie seriesAuto Assembly Europe conventionWWTFU Character profilesStore

Welcome Guest ( Log in | Register )

Welcome, guest. Register to remove this message!
Hello, and welcome to NTFA Forums!
To post in our community you must register, but don't worry - this is a simple, free process that only takes a few moments to complete. Register now!

Advantages of registering include:
  • You get rid of this giant box and Optimus Prime trying to recruit you
  • You will be able to start topics, post replies, and vote in our polls
  • You can track topics of particular interest to you, and search for all new posts since your last visit
  • You get to associate and chat with a group of friendly and helpful Nordic Transformers fans ;)

Important announcement: An advance notice: I intend to close to NTFA Forums in May 2018. The board will be removed completely, you will not be able to browse old information.

The reason is the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) from the European Union, which will take effect on 25 May. Read more about the decision here.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> NTFA Forums (the board, not the website) to close in May 2018
Groundsplitter
post 25 August 2017, 10:59
Post #1 | Print
Admin

Lars Eriksson
Knivsta, Sweden

Group: Root admin

An advance notice: I intend to close the NTFA Forums in May 2018. The board will be removed completely, you will not be able to browse old information.

The reason is the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) from the European Union, which will take effect on 25 May. Among other things, the regulations give all individuals a stronger ownership of their own personal data, and stronger control over how it is used by others.
And while the GDPR don't directly affect the operation of forums, I have come to realize, as I'm studying the new laws in detail, that the forum and the forum software, in their current form, seriously limit my ability to fulfill my obligations to the individual users. The software lacks essential functionality for complying with potential user requests, and I would also basically have to go through every member account and every old post to make sure that we don't already have too much data on anyone, as well as send out new terms for every member to agree to, and that's way more work than it is worth - especially since there isn't much activity on the boards nowadays anyway.

Should anyone actually be interested in seeing a new version of the NTFA Forums (social media like Facebook and Twitter seems to be predominant nowadays though), please let me know in the comments. A new version would start over from scratch though.

This post has been edited by Groundsplitter: 25 August 2017, 11:46

--------------------
E-mail address: groundsplitter@ntfa.net
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Avaran
post 28 August 2017, 13:23
Post #2 | Print

Kjell Vidar Følsvik

Group: Members

I would like a new version if at all possible smile.gif Sad that the old data and discussions will be gone though...

+Quote Post
Smokescreen
post 11 September 2017, 22:14
Post #3 | Print

Mikael Sundberg
Östersund, Sweden

Oh, that's a bit sad, but understandable considering the low activity. As I'm slowly drifting out of collecting again, I don't really feel a need to communicate constantly. Although it would be nice if we could get a Nordic corner on some other forum to keep track of what's happening.

It has to be said that Hasbro Nordic aren't helping the general apathy towards Transformers. TRU and BR are clogged with awful figures that are indistinguishable from knockoffs on the same shelf, while the mostly excellent Generations figures just aren't available after they killed Combiner Wars with ridiculous pricing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Protek
post 28 September 2017, 17:51
Post #4 | Print
Lord of the manor

Tero Säärelä
Oulu, Finland

Group: Sponsors

Sad to see the forum go, even though I haven’t been very active.
NTFA Discord would probably be the best option as the forum successor.

--------------------
The Brotherhood of the Cybertronian Radial

"Takai desu ne"
"Jinsei da"

Check out my items for sale.

Most wanted: Pretender Roadblock inner robot, G1 Ultra Magnus missiles and launchers, G1 Smokescreen car roof

+Quote Post
Tetsuro
post 1 October 2017, 14:14
Post #5 | Print
I HATE EVERYTHING

Emperor of Destruction
Finland

I think I'd rather stab myself in the foot with a rusty nail than migrate to Facebook.

--------------------
G1 wanted! See the thread!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-fi version Time is now: 18 Nov 2017 - 22:30