NewsNTFA ForumsTransformers movie seriesAuto Assembly Europe conventionWWTFU Character profilesStore

Welcome Guest ( Log in | Register )

Welcome, guest. Register to remove this message!
Hello, and welcome to NTFA Forums!
To post in our community you must register, but don't worry - this is a simple, free process that only takes a few moments to complete. Register now!

Advantages of registering include:
  • You get rid of this giant box and Optimus Prime trying to recruit you
  • You will be able to start topics, post replies, and vote in our polls
  • You can track topics of particular interest to you, and search for all new posts since your last visit
  • You get to associate and chat with a group of friendly and helpful Nordic Transformers fans ;)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The NTFA Store now accepts pre-orders for the May 2012 comics
Groundsplitter
post 6 March 2012, 08:27
Post #1 | Print
Admin

Lars Eriksson
Knivsta, Sweden

Group: Root admin

The NTFA Store is now accepting pre-orders for the May 2012 comics!

The wait is over! After a 20-year hiatus, IDW returns to the original Transformers comic book universe, picking up right where 1991's Transformers #80 left off!
As part of this year's Free Comic Book Day event, IDW publishes Regeneration One #80.5, which bridges the gap between #80 and #81 (which will be released in July). Written by Simon Furman, with artwork by Andrew Wildman and Stephen Baskerville, you can trust that this continuation will be faithful to the original Marvel Transformers series.

I have pre-ordered a limited quantity, and am offering it to all Nordic customers only - you get the issue for free, but I'm charging for the postage costs (limit one per customer). Subscriptions to the upcoming series, which starts in July, are also available.
(Apologies to the non-Nordic fans for the regional restriction. The books aren't actually free for retailers to order, so I have to draw the line somewhere.)

Apart from Regeneration One #80.5 May is a quite average month, offering only the continuation of the many Transformers and G.I. Joe titles, plus two G.I. Joe paperbacks.
On the Transformers side we have More Than Meets The Eye #5 and Transformers: Robots in Disguise #5, and on the G.I. Joe side the line-up consists of G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #178, G.I. Joe #13, Snake-Eyes & Storm Shadow #13 and Cobra #13, plus the two paperbacks G.I. Joe Retaliation Movie Prequel and G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero, volume 4.

The last day to pre-order these comics and collections is Thursday 22 March 2012.

--------------------
E-mail address: groundsplitter@ntfa.net
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DkConvoy
post 6 March 2012, 17:41
Post #2 | Print
Gren Sacher

Christian Nielsen
Denmark

Group: Members

Nice! thumbs.gif
Went for the ten-issue subscription.

Dont dissapoint us Mr. Furman smile.gif

This post has been edited by DkConvoy: 6 March 2012, 17:41

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fighbird
post 9 March 2012, 13:07
Post #3 | Print
Tonight we're gonna party like it's 1988!

Martin Lund
Aalborg, Denmark

Group: Administrators

Is it bad style for me to just wait for the trade paperback on the re-booted Furman/Wildman series instead of getting all the single issues? Or am I a product of the times when I think this? The 5-page preview looks really, really good so my main gripe is whether I can wait the 6 months or whatever before the TPB comes out.

But then again, I've only just recently started watching the Beast Wars series, so waiting a few years (or 15!) hasn't deterred me yet... biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
BigPete
post 9 March 2012, 16:18
Post #4 | Print
Chuck Norris-approved!

Arlöv, Sweden

Group: Administrators

Will add a 10-issue subscription too, as soon as I get some money, hehe smile.gif I'd take the full 20-issue run in one go if that option had been available *hint* wink2.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Inkku
post 10 March 2012, 09:23
Post #5 | Print
The mob is out to get ya..

Heidi
Salo, Finland

Group: Sponsors

argh.. way to go offline with the steady internet connection again at the moment like this.. pinch.gif (for the next three months at least, i can not use computer in the work. we have been movet out from the staff room in to the barrakcs because of the renovations of the shop..)

i hope Lars can still send me emails about the new comics, so i don't loose any issues.. drool2.gif (yes, i can use the computer in library, but i don't want to go to city everyday.. wink2.gif )

aaahhh... i'm so waiting about this new comic to come to my creedy hands.. drool2.gif

--------------------
..official red car lunatic..

my car has mind on it's own.. and it is evil.. eeeeevil..!!

“Real friends are those who, when you feel you've made a fool of yourself, don't feel you've done a permanent job. – Anon.

"-Rojekti on hanke, jossa kyvyttömät koettaavat suaha haluttomat tekemään mahottomia.."

+Quote Post
Thunderclash
post 10 March 2012, 10:16
Post #6 | Print
Yeah, I still collect. Do you have a problem with that ;o) ?

Knut Ingar
Oslo, Norway

Group: Members

QUOTE(Fighbird @ 9 March 2012, 13:07) *
Is it bad style for me to just wait for the trade paperback on the re-booted Furman/Wildman series instead of getting all the single issues? Or am I a product of the times when I think this?

It is the cheaper option of the two. More space efficient too wink2.gif . I personally go for every alternative cover out there I can get my hands on, plus the TPB. I don't know if that's a sign of the times or simply a sign of being a bit "out there" tongue.gif . Once a collector, always a collector, I guess.

--------------------
**MAY 1987 - MAY 2014 - CELEBRATING 27 YEARS AS A TRANSFORMERS COLLECTOR**

+Quote Post
Groundsplitter
post 11 March 2012, 09:55
Post #7 | Print
Admin

Lars Eriksson
Knivsta, Sweden

Group: Root admin

QUOTE(Inkku @ 10 March 2012, 09:23) *
argh.. way to go offline with the steady internet connection again at the moment like this.. pinch.gif (for the next three months at least, i can not use computer in the work. we have been movet out from the staff room in to the barrakcs because of the renovations of the shop..)
There's plenty of time for you and everyone else to order the new series. I realize that it's not evident from the order form, but since the main series doesn't start until July (which means that #81 will be offered in May) there's plenty of time to place an order for a subscription. The inclusion on this month's order form is mainly for 80.5, since it is time to order that issue, and I knew that many people would also want to order a subscription at the same time.

Then of course, since you're a regular customer of the NTFA Store you don't even need to manually order #80.5. As I mentioned to the customers in a newsletter while back, you will already get it automatically. That's a bonus that you get for being a regular customer. smile.gif

i hope Lars can still send me emails about the new comics, so i don't loose any issues.. drool2.gif (yes, i can use the computer in library, but i don't want to go to city everyday.. wink2.gif )

No need to worry. Another bonus of being a customer is that I keep track of what you have ordered and not, and even if you have forgotten to place a monthly order (those who order individual issues on a monthly but regular basis) or forgotten to extend a subscription that expires, I try to contact you to remind you and then usually place an order for those copies anyway unless you have said otherwise. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Inkku
post 12 March 2012, 11:47
Post #8 | Print
The mob is out to get ya..

Heidi
Salo, Finland

Group: Sponsors

QUOTE(Groundsplitter @ 11 March 2012, 10:55) *
QUOTE(Inkku @ 10 March 2012, 09:23) *

No need to worry. Another bonus of being a customer is that I keep track of what you have ordered and not, and even if you have forgotten to place a monthly order (those who order individual issues on a monthly but regular basis) or forgotten to extend a subscription that expires, I try to contact you to remind you and then usually place an order for those copies anyway unless you have said otherwise. smile.gif

YAY..!! yahoo.gif and we shall keep it that way.. happy.gif

..and, good news is, i might get a "new" computer in two weeks.. w00t.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-fi version Time is now: 29 Jul 2014 - 07:38