NewsNTFA ForumsTransformers movie seriesAuto Assembly Europe conventionWWTFU Character profilesStore

Welcome Guest ( Log in | Register )

Welcome, guest. Register to remove this message!
Hello, and welcome to NTFA Forums!
To post in our community you must register, but don't worry - this is a simple, free process that only takes a few moments to complete. Register now!

Advantages of registering include:
  • You get rid of this giant box and Optimus Prime trying to recruit you
  • You will be able to start topics, post replies, and vote in our polls
  • You can track topics of particular interest to you, and search for all new posts since your last visit
  • You get to associate and chat with a group of friendly and helpful Nordic Transformers fans ;)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Auto Assembly's 12 Days Of Christmas - Day Two
BigPete
post 7 December 2011, 19:13
Post #1 | Print
Chuck Norris-approved!

Arlöv, Sweden

Group: Administrators

Auto Assembly's 12 Days Of Christmas - Day Two

Day Two of Auto Assembly's Twelve Days Of Christmas and our second video brings you all a little news update...

Direct link

Stay tuned for our next video being released on 9th December 2011!

Don't forget, our special Christmas sale is still running on tickets for Auto Assembly 2012 where you can get adult weekend passes for just £35, saving over 20% on the normal price as long as you order online by 24th December! For more details on Auto Assembly or to book your tickets, visit the website at www.autoassembly.org.uk

Have a great Christmas and have a Happy New Year!

The Auto Assembly Team

Web: www.autoassembly.org.uk / www.transformersvideogames.co.uk / www.ct-alpha.com
Youtube: www.youtube.com/autoassembly
Twitter: www.twitter.com/auto_assembly
Forum: http://www.autoassembly.org.uk/forum
Email: contact@autoassembly.org.uk
Tel: +44 (0)7860 948296

Auto Assembly is sponsored by

Toyz And Gamez - www.toyzandgamez.co.uk
Transformers @ The Moon - www.transformertoys.co.uk
TransformersAnimated.com - www.transformersanimated.com
TheTransformers.net - www.thetransformers.net
Titan Books - www.titanbooks.com
3 Darths Comics - www.3darthscomics.co.uk
Science Fiction Collectables - www.sf-collectables.co.uk
Big Bad Toy Store - www.bbts.com
Xyber Toys - www.xybertoys.com

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lucar-tron
post 7 December 2011, 19:22
Post #2 | Print
Red Savarin

Alexander Mars
Halmstad, Halland, Sweden

Group: Members

Ah, so AAE will be set in Malmö next year. That's cool. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Groundsplitter
post 7 December 2011, 22:20
Post #3 | Print
Admin

Lars Eriksson
Knivsta, Sweden

Group: Root admin

QUOTE(Lucar-tron @ 7 December 2011, 19:22) *
Ah, so AAE will be set in Malmö next year. That's cool. biggrin.gif

That's the current goal at any rate. It's too early to say for certain, although BigPete has already been looking at some venues. But do not take it as a definitive promise yet.

--------------------
E-mail address: groundsplitter@ntfa.net

+Quote Post
BigPete
post 8 December 2011, 00:58
Post #4 | Print
Chuck Norris-approved!

Arlöv, Sweden

Group: Administrators

The word "provisionally" means that it's not yet decided, but it will definitely be in the Malmö region, as in Skåne smile.gif

+Quote Post
Lucar-tron
post 8 December 2011, 08:52
Post #5 | Print
Red Savarin

Alexander Mars
Halmstad, Halland, Sweden

At least I know that it may be closer to where I live next year.
I hope that Pete finds a good place to have it in Malmö. Though I will not be disappointed if it doesn't take place in Malmö.

+Quote Post
NRJohn
post 8 December 2011, 13:35
Post #6 | Print

Håkan
Lund, Sweden

It would be very convenient for ME if it was held in Malmö, since it’s so close! I might even be able to do some volunteer-work this time around wink2.gif
Obviously it’s really, really early but will you guys arrange another poll on when and where?

+Quote Post
Groundsplitter
post 8 December 2011, 15:17
Post #7 | Print
Admin

Lars Eriksson
Knivsta, Sweden

QUOTE(NRJohn @ 8 December 2011, 13:35) *
Obviously it’s really, really early but will you guys arrange another poll on when and where?

Not this time, we think. Last time we had a poll on the location we hadn't started our cooperation with Auto Assembly yet, which meant that we had looser requirements (and weren't aiming quite as high either). With the cooperation now in place, it's a matter of finding a large enough hotel/venue in a city that works for us organizers, that happens to be free at any point during the period that's of interest to us. To sum it up, you can say that the selection this time will be dictated by availability rather than what weekend that would work for the most attendees.
(We have already mentioned that AAE 2012 will be held in the Skåne region. At least this next time, we need to hold the convention in a city close to one of us; basically we feel that we need more experience with conventions at these new ambitious levels before we can attempt to do one in a city/region where none of us live - the latter requires a lot more planning.)

+Quote Post
simes
post 8 December 2011, 18:38
Post #8 | Print

Simon Plumbe
Lichfield, England

It might be 11 months away, but I'm really excited about next year already! smile.gif

One thing I will say is that it's always good to hold the convention near where at least one of the committee lives. It makes things a lot easier incase you need to visit the hotel for any reason before the convention, you're a lot more familiar with the local area, and it's easier if you need to get anything from home that you may have forgotten!

I've been running events now for 22 years, and they've always been held close to home, and if I remember right, back in 2010 I had to actually go home at one point to do some video editing work on my PC because my laptop couldn't cope with it, and if I wasn't near home, it would have caused us a lot of problems with the convention!

This post has been edited by simes: 8 December 2011, 18:41

--------------------

Auto Assembly Europe 2011 - 12th-13th November 2011, Uppsala, Sweden - http://www.autoassemblyeurope.eu
Auto Assembly 2012 - 3rd-5th August 2012, Birmingham, England - http://www.autoassembly.org.uk

+Quote Post
Groundsplitter
post 8 December 2011, 19:11
Post #9 | Print
Admin

Lars Eriksson
Knivsta, Sweden

QUOTE(simes @ 8 December 2011, 18:38) *
One thing I will say is that it's always good to hold the convention near where at least one of the committee lives. It makes things a lot easier incase you need to visit the hotel for any reason before the convention, you're a lot more familiar with the local area, and it's easier if you need to get anything from home that you may have forgotten!
Absolutely! Now we didn't have to pick up anything at my place during the actual convention, but it would still have been a huge disadvantage if I hadn't had access to my own apartment this year. One reason that immediately comes to mind is that I was still working on preparations at 03:00 the night between Friday and Saturday. smile.gif That wouldn't have been possible had we held the convention in a totally different city. (I also seem to remember bringing along something on Sunday that I had forgotten on Saturday, although it was probably nothing of great importance.)

Transporting all the stuff for the convention would also have become quite problematic. We only had access to a single car this time, and including the stuff that Pete brought up from his own place, we needed three trips to transport everything to the hotel. Had the convention been held in another city, we would have needed a delivery van to transport everything in a single go -- or multiple cars.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-fi version Time is now: 30 Aug 2014 - 03:08