NewsNTFA ForumsTransformers movie seriesAuto Assembly Europe conventionWWTFU Character profilesStore

Welcome Guest ( Log in | Register )

Welcome, guest. Register to remove this message!
Hello, and welcome to NTFA Forums!
To post in our community you must register, but don't worry - this is a simple, free process that only takes a few moments to complete. Register now!

Advantages of registering include:
  • You get rid of this giant box and Optimus Prime trying to recruit you
  • You will be able to start topics, post replies, and vote in our polls
  • You can track topics of particular interest to you, and search for all new posts since your last visit
  • You get to associate and chat with a group of friendly and helpful Nordic Transformers fans ;)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coming in May - Transformers Regeneration One #80½
Groundsplitter
post 2 December 2011, 23:42
Post #1 | Print
Admin

Lars Eriksson
Knivsta, Sweden

Group: Root admin

We have known about it for a few months now, and Simon Furman gave us a few tidbits at Auto Assembly Europe 2011 in Uppsala. Now we have the official announcement...

Coming in May 2012, the continuation to the old Transformers comic from Marvel - Transformers: Regeneration One #80½

The wait is over--after a 20-year hiatus, IDW proudly returns to the original TRANSFORMERS comic book universe, picking up right where 1991's TRANSFORMERS #80 left off! Optimus Prime, Grimlock, Kup, Hot Rod and all your favorite Generation One TRANSFORMERS characters charge into the future as fan-favorite writer Simon Furman and legendary Transformers artist Andrew Wildman present TRANSFORMERS #80.5! Reflecting back on the dizzying highs and the terrifying lows of the original run of Transformers comics, Optimus Prime watches over a Cybertron that hasn't faced Megatron for decades. But that peace shudders to an end, as we dive headlong into July's TRANSFORMERS #81!
Because the Fans demanded it! Thousands of TRANSFORMERS fans signed petitions urging us to make this book--and IDW listened!

By Simon Furman (writer); Andrew Wildman (pencils and cover) and Stephen Baskerville (inks).

The main series starts in July with issue #81 and continues until issue #100. All 21 issues will of course be available from the NTFA Store.

--------------------
E-mail address: groundsplitter@ntfa.net
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SonicReducer
post 3 December 2011, 18:17
Post #2 | Print
Big Daddy

Terje Birkedal
Stavanger, Norway

Group: Members

I'm really looking forward to these comics.

--------------------

+Quote Post
obsidian x
post 3 December 2011, 21:59
Post #3 | Print

Lars
Haninge, Stockholm, Sweden

I usually wait for the TPBs of comics, but I will subscribe to the issues of this so I can experiance something similar to the feeling of the eighties/early ninethies when I used to buy the Marvel Transformer issues at the local grosseri store. It will be glorious.

+Quote Post
Fighbird
post 4 December 2011, 23:59
Post #4 | Print
Tonight we're gonna party like it's 1988!

Martin Lund
Aalborg, Denmark

Group: Administrators

QUOTE(obsidian x @ 3 December 2011, 21:59) *
I usually wait for the TPBs of comics, but I will subscribe to the issues of this so I can experiance something similar to the feeling of the eighties/early ninethies when I used to buy the Marvel Transformer issues at the local grosseri store. It will be glorious.

You know what? That is the absolutely best reason for someone to start an issue-by-issue subscription! Just like you, I would probably have waited for the TPBs (am still undecided, actually), but I am sorely tempted to get one story at a time per month for the exact same reason.

OTOH, I hate the trends these days of those really drawn- and watered-down plots that take up 8 issues, but could have been easily explored in just one.

Anyone think that the WildFur team would water out their material for this run? I know it's an editorial decision, but still...?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Groundsplitter
post 5 December 2011, 10:33
Post #5 | Print
Admin

Lars Eriksson
Knivsta, Sweden

QUOTE(Fighbird @ 4 December 2011, 23:59) *
OTOH, I hate the trends these days of those really drawn- and watered-down plots that take up 8 issues, but could have been easily explored in just one.

Anyone think that the WildFur team would water out their material for this run? I know it's an editorial decision, but still...?
I strongly doubt it. Simon Furman is writing Regeneration One because he has a story to tell, not because he has a number of paperbacks to fill. Naturally there will be some adjustment towards the paperback format (so that the story arcs can be collected five and five together as a coherent story), but I'm convinced that the story will be much meatier than what we usually get from comics nowadays. We will not be left feeling unsatisfied after reading the individual issues.

+Quote Post
Groundsplitter
post 5 December 2011, 14:21
Post #6 | Print
Admin

Lars Eriksson
Knivsta, Sweden

A larger version of the cover, minus the logotype and other textual bits, is available at Andy Wildman's blog.

+Quote Post
DkConvoy
post 5 December 2011, 16:48
Post #7 | Print
Gren Sacher

Christian Nielsen
Denmark

Im not a huge comic book reader myself, but I have a gooooood feeling about this!

Totally going to sign up for these issues! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Groundsplitter
post 7 December 2011, 11:05
Post #8 | Print
Admin

Lars Eriksson
Knivsta, Sweden

Chris Ryall has posted a sample page from Regeneration One #80½, sans speech bubbles.

+Quote Post
Lucar-tron
post 7 December 2011, 11:36
Post #9 | Print
Red Savarin

Alexander Mars
Halmstad, Halland, Sweden

This will certainly be interesting.
I do remember that I liked the Marvel stories that I did get my hands on. So again, this will be interesting. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-fi version Time is now: 22 Oct 2014 - 04:07