NewsNTFA ForumsTransformers movie seriesAuto Assembly Europe conventionWWTFU Character profilesStore

Welcome Guest ( Log in | Register )

Welcome, guest. Register to remove this message!
Hello, and welcome to NTFA Forums!
To post in our community you must register, but don't worry - this is a simple, free process that only takes a few moments to complete. Register now!

Advantages of registering include:
  • You get rid of this giant box and Optimus Prime trying to recruit you
  • You will be able to start topics, post replies, and vote in our polls
  • You can track topics of particular interest to you, and search for all new posts since your last visit
  • You get to associate and chat with a group of friendly and helpful Nordic Transformers fans ;)

> Potential Auto Assembly Europe guests - who would you like to meet?
Porential Auto Assembly Europe guests - who would you like to meet?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 26
Guests cannot vote 
BigPete
post 22 May 2011, 22:57
Post #1 | Print
Chuck Norris-approved!

Arlöv, Sweden

Group: Administrators

We need to know who you'd like to make an appearance at Auto Assembly Europe this year, IF we have the money to bring someone over!

So, get voting and discuss! smile.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
simes
post 22 May 2011, 23:00
Post #2 | Print

Simon Plumbe
Lichfield, England

Group: Members

Can I vote?! lol

--------------------

Auto Assembly Europe 2011 - 12th-13th November 2011, Uppsala, Sweden - http://www.autoassemblyeurope.eu
Auto Assembly 2012 - 3rd-5th August 2012, Birmingham, England - http://www.autoassembly.org.uk

+Quote Post
BigPete
post 22 May 2011, 23:03
Post #3 | Print
Chuck Norris-approved!

Arlöv, Sweden

QUOTE(simes @ 23 May 2011, 00:00) *
Can I vote?! lol

Only if you're appearing as an attendee! lol wink2.gif

+Quote Post
simes
post 22 May 2011, 23:12
Post #4 | Print

Simon Plumbe
Lichfield, England

Damn! I'm hoping to be there if I can get a job in time, but if I do it means I'll be there as a committee assistant so I can't vote anyway.

*cries*

+Quote Post
DkConvoy
post 22 May 2011, 23:13
Post #5 | Print
Gren Sacher

Christian Nielsen
Denmark

Voted..!

A shame Erector dosnt exist.. I would totally vote for him tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Groundsplitter
post 22 May 2011, 23:37
Post #6 | Print
Admin

Lars Eriksson
Knivsta, Sweden

Group: Root admin

QUOTE(BigPete @ 22 May 2011, 23:57) *
We need to know who you'd like to make an appearance at Auto Assembly Europe this year, IF we have the money bring someone over!
We will bring this matter up again when we start accepting registrations, but it is actually up to you guys whether we can bring in any guests or not, and how many. And I'm not just talking about the number of registrations here, but also about how soon you register and pay. Because the earlier you register, the faster we reach the next threshold where we can conclude that we can bring in a guest.
I have talked about how all of us can/need to contribute to making this convention as good as possible. This is one such area: early registrations make a world of difference to the organizers. One hundred registrations in the last seven days before the convention - won't help a bit; one hundred registrations (or even 50) several months before - that gives us a lot of freedom to go on a "shopping spree".

Also, in case anyone wonders why the list consists only of Europeans (unless I've missed someone), regrettably we have to be realistic here - while it would be great to have a North American voice actor among us, bringing in someone from outside Europe is very expensive and we don't think it's realistic to aim for any celebrities from so far away this year. Let us aim for selling every ticket this year, and maybe we can set our goals even higher next time.

--------------------
E-mail address: groundsplitter@ntfa.net

+Quote Post
SureShot
post 23 May 2011, 09:04
Post #7 | Print
"I like big BoTs and I cannot lie"

Denmark

I have 0 clue about who any of these persons are... just that Furman writes/draws comics ? (which I don't read).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Groundsplitter
post 23 May 2011, 10:23
Post #8 | Print
Admin

Lars Eriksson
Knivsta, Sweden

QUOTE(SureShot @ 23 May 2011, 10:04) *
I have 0 clue about who any of these persons are... just that Furman writes/draws comics ? (which I don't read).

Most of them are British/Irish artists, and perhaps half of them worked on the old TF UK comic from the 1980's.

There are a few IDW names too though:
Nick Roche is an Irish artist who have also done a number of scripts - he drew Spotlight Shockwave and Maximum Dinobots, and wrote and drew Spotlight Kup and Last Stand of the Wreckers.
James Roberts is a writer who co-wrote Last Stand of the Wreckers together with Nick Roche, and who is also writing a few of the upcoming Transformers Ongoing comics. Before he started writing for IDW, he wrote a self-published, much appreciated, 500+ page, unofficial Transformers novel called Eugenesis.
Guido Guidi is an Italian who is probably the second most prolific artist to work for Dreamwave and IDW. He did for example draw All Hail Megatron #1-12. Has also drawn lots of covers over the years.
Liam Shalloo... colorist, I believe. Has done some work for IDW, but also for Titan Magazines' recent Transformers comics.

Then we have a lot of artists from the original eighties runs:
Both Geoff Senior and Andrew Wildman are UK artists who joined Simon Furman when he started working for the American book. Wildman drew most of the stories from US #69 to #80, very often with Stephen Baskerville as his inker (there's another name to add to the list, by the way). While the Wildman/Baskerville combination is known for their fine lines and details, and almost human-like facial features on the Transformers, Geoff Senior's style is much rougher, but also fantastically cinematic. Senior did for example draw US #60-61 and #75 (the big battle against Unicron), plus half of the final issue of TF:Generation 2 (#12).
Mike Collins worked on many of the earliest UK issues, like UK #13-17 (The Enemy Within) and #18-21 (Raiders of the Last Ark), and also illustrated many of the Ladybird Transformers books.
Like Senior and Wildman, Jeff Anderson, Will Simpson and Lee Sullivan were frequent artists in the UK comic, often alternating between each other so that one draw two stories before the next one took over. Jeff Anderson is known to the Swedish readers for his nice artwork in the UK story "Prey" (UK #96-97, a story arc that ran until #100); Lee Sullivan did for example draw the finale to "Time Wars" (issues #204-205 of a seven-issue story arc); Will Simpson did lots of stuff, including for example three issues of the memorable "Target: 2006" story which ran in UK #78-88.
Steve White was a colourist on the UK book.
Staz Johnson, another TF UK artist, who worked on the latter third of the book. He did for example draw the very last UK-exclusive story "End of the Road" in UK #289. A few years ago he returned to Transformers comics to draw an issue of Titan Magazines' movie-based Transformers comic.

Kat Nicholson is a colourist from Titan Magazines' Animated- and movie-based comics, who has also done artwork for Auto Assembly - I don't know the full extent of it, but she did a very nice postcard featuring Animated Optimus Prime.

As for the rest, I have to admit that I am unfamiliar with their credits. At least I can't remember them at the top of my head. If anyone else wants to fill in the missing information, please go ahead. smile.gif

+Quote Post
BigPete
post 23 May 2011, 12:43
Post #9 | Print
Chuck Norris-approved!

Arlöv, Sweden

I'll happily fill in the rest smile.gif

Simon Williams - artist who's worked on Panini's Transformers Armada comic, IDW's Beast Wars Sourcebook, and Titan Magazines UK Transformers comic. He also did the covers for the Metrodome G1 DVDs, CardboardCutout.net's official Transformers Optimus Prime and Megatron standees, and recently he worked on the Panini Death's Head collections. He's also a really nice guy wink2.gif

Jason Cardy - A colourist and occasional cover artist for Titan Magazines. Usually works with Kat Nicholson.

Kris Carter - A colourist, working exclusively with digital colouring. He works for IDW and Titan. He did the colouring for Devastation #5, Spotlight: Arcee, Spotlight: Cyclonus, Spotlight: Hardhead, Alliance #4, Nefarious #1-3, and Titan Magazines Transformers Comic issues 8 & 9.

Lee Bradley - Illustrator who inked a number of stories in Titan's Transformers comic, as well as providing a semi-regular "How To Draw" feature.

And for those of you who don't know who Simon Furman is; shame on you! wink2.gif In short, he's probably the most prolific Transformers writer ever. He's done so much work it's almost impossible to list all of it.

+Quote Post
BigPete
post 23 May 2011, 14:25
Post #10 | Print
Chuck Norris-approved!

Arlöv, Sweden

80 views and 5 votes? Seriously? Come on!

If we don't know what you want, how are we supposed to make a convention that you're happy with? Just saying...

Even if you're not attending, we want to know what you think as a general idea of what people in the Nordic region would prefer.

+Quote Post
Groundsplitter
post 23 May 2011, 14:53
Post #11 | Print
Admin

Lars Eriksson
Knivsta, Sweden

QUOTE(BigPete @ 23 May 2011, 15:25) *
80 views and 5 votes? Seriously? Come on!

If we don't know what you want, how are we supposed to make a convention that you're happy with? Just saying...

Even if you're not attending, we want to know what you think as a general idea of what people in the Nordic region would prefer.

Hey, the poll is only 16 hours old, and many of the views are from the same people loading the page again and again (including one extra reload each after each vote). Give it a bit of time, let people think about it. smile.gif

+Quote Post
vmv-81
post 23 May 2011, 15:46
Post #12 | Print
Mite! Nihongo o hanashimasu!

Veli
Oulu, Finland

And some of my views come when I check the new replies.

About the guests; it would be nice to see Wildman and Senior since I liked their art in the Finnish releases of the Marvel comics. And Guidi is an awesome artist! He even has a DeviantART account.

--------------------
Jolt - "Uhh, shouldn't we be saying something really dramatic right about now?"
Longarm - "Shut up, Jolt!"
Jolt - "That wasn't what I had in mind."

My deviantART page

+Quote Post
DkConvoy
post 23 May 2011, 18:53
Post #13 | Print
Gren Sacher

Christian Nielsen