NewsNTFA ForumsTransformers movie seriesAuto Assembly Europe conventionWWTFU Character profilesStore

Welcome Guest ( Log in | Register )

Welcome, guest. Register to remove this message!
Hello, and welcome to NTFA Forums!
To post in our community you must register, but don't worry - this is a simple, free process that only takes a few moments to complete. Register now!

Advantages of registering include:
  • You get rid of this giant box and Optimus Prime trying to recruit you
  • You will be able to start topics, post replies, and vote in our polls
  • You can track topics of particular interest to you, and search for all new posts since your last visit
  • You get to associate and chat with a group of friendly and helpful Nordic Transformers fans ;)

7 pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fighbird's collection -- updated 05/03/2014
Fighbird
post 23 January 2008, 12:13
Post #31 | Print
Tonight we're gonna party like it's 1988!

Martin Lund
Aalborg, Denmark

Group: Administrators

Decided to rearrange my Detolf display cabinet the other day, so it now looks like this:

Some items that are less vulnerable to dust: Ultimate Bumblebee (who basically only looks good in vehicle mode), Target exclusive Titanium giftset (which looks really amazing, even though I'm not into non-transforming toys), Land Bison (one of my favourite Brave toys) and Wolkaiser (a Super Sentai toy, which is simply stunning in all modes - and has a cool box to boot).

My Menasor shelf. Original G1 giftset in the background, and my G2 customs in front. Still need a few tiny paint apps here and there, and I still need to small handguns, but it's basically complete. Fully transformable and combinable, I should definitely do some galleries once they are 100% complete.

Limited edition TFs. In random order: BotCon Japan Barbearian (I love this mould), Perfect Choice Cheetas (almost a Lucky Draw; alledgedly 60 in existance), Galaxy Force Police Gasket (freebie in selected stores in Japan if you bought for x amount yen Transformers), Super Indy Heat (store exclusive hand-out if you bought the JRX giftset), Godmaster Zetoca (store exclusive? Can't remember), Stealth Mode EZ Bumblebee (japanese hobby magazine pack-in), White LeoConvoy Jr. (japanes puzzle pack-in), Sandnes Mini-Con Downforce and "Mini-Con", 7-11 Japan black keychains, BotCon Rook and Tap-Out, Toys'R'Us Clear Microman Microbikes (repaints of the G2 Laser Bikes) and BotCon Clear Mirage.

TF heritage shelf. Pre-TF items like vintage Microman toys (including a rare set of vintage trading cards), Joustra Diaclone, Finnish Diaclone (the "Ironhide"), 2 Diaclone drivers and a "re-issue" Henshin Cyborg (really love this one). Some newer Microman stuff as well, like 2 limited edition reissues and a Takara employee exclusive (bagged). Also some rare minibot variations from around the world.

The rest. smile.gif 2 Heavy hitters like Trypticon (more complete than before) and Overlord, with a single-pack set of Brave Guardion barely visible behind them, a boxed Hot Rod, a 1978 LEGO police car (my favourite childhood LEGO toy), some Windcharger rarities and my Micromaster Stunticons. Pretty unrelated lot all-in-all, but they are special to me. May rearrange that shelf later, though.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
predaking
post 23 January 2008, 13:45
Post #32 | Print
Hardcore

Frank Herfjord
Sandnes, Norway

Group: Super moderators

Awesome display, Martin. The g2 stunticons are favourites in my book smile.gif Zetoca was a regular release in Japan. The only limited edition figures of that era were the white headmaster heads (given away with purchase of throttlebots (!!)). There are rumours of a silver lucky draw chromedome and a golden Browning, but I'll believe it when I see it. The mail-away Lander might be included on that list as well I suppose.

--------------------
check out my transformers store: http://www.freewebs.com/atreju1978/

+Quote Post
Fighbird
post 23 January 2008, 14:49
Post #33 | Print

Martin Lund
Aalborg, Denmark

QUOTE(predaking @ 23 January 2008, 13:45) *
Awesome display, Martin. The g2 stunticons are favourites in my book smile.gif

Thanks. I'm very proud of them myself, and I really ought to finish them up soon.

Zetoca was a regular release in Japan.

Really? It always struck me as weird that they didn't get a C-number then... But thanks! smile.gif

The only limited edition figures of that era were the white headmaster heads (given away with purchase of throttlebots (!!)).

Gah! Go figure! tongue.gif

There are rumours of a silver lucky draw chromedome and a golden Browning, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Chromedome is supposedly a Takara employee gift, I think handed out a year after the gold Prime. So it wasn't really available publicly. Gold Browning is a untill-now-never-surfaced Microchange premium.

The mail-away Lander might be included on that list as well I suppose.

Along with Gnaw, AFAIR. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fighbird
post 26 January 2009, 14:49
Post #34 | Print

Martin Lund
Aalborg, Denmark

Right, am still trying to get my new collection room sorted out, but just installed all the shelves that I'm gonna get, and have put all my G1 out for display.

Please remember, that there are still a lot of shipping crates placed in there with all my other crap in them - including all the stuff I have for sale. So it may look a bit untidy, but that's just on the ground level. tongue.gif

This is the right wall, where I keep all my japanese Beast Wars. The bottom shelf is Beast Wars Neo (complete single-pack collection), and the one above is Beast Wars 2nd (complete single-pack Cybertron collection, save for Moon, which is underway). Beneath -- and hidden from view -- are 2 more shelves, but they are very, very untidy (and obscured by shipping crates).

A blurry shot of the large shelf above the BW stuff. Mainly really large post-G1 items, from G2 to Cybertron/Galaxy Force, including some Brave, Eldoran and Super Sentai stuff.

And just to the left are my G1 shelves. The top shelf is for all things reissues, and the one below is for vintage boxed stuff. Currently also displays a few of my combiners and other assorted loose stuff.

And to the left of that is my carded G1 stuff. Probably my favourite display area of them all. smile.gif

... and finally all my loose stuff. From the bottom up: Mix of various generations, G1 Decepticons, G1 Autobots, Classics/Universe and on the top the heavy hitters and TF-related merchandise.

+Quote Post
Skybolt
post 26 January 2009, 16:00
Post #35 | Print

Jess Petersen
Denmark

Group: Members

Awesome biggrin.gif ... I just love the carded Seacons !

--------------------
The tigers of wrath are wiser than the horses of instruction.

+Quote Post
Lord_Zarak
post 27 January 2009, 01:22
Post #36 | Print

Lidström
Sundsvall, Sweden

You should really sell me your Raiden wink2.gif I kinda like them loose one by one over the Raiden giftset. Seriously, how long have you collected? I cant even imagining my collection ever get to this size. Keep up the inspiring work!

--------------------
"We shall see, Galvatron. We shall see..."

+Quote Post
BigPete
post 27 January 2009, 02:12
Post #37 | Print
Chuck Norris-approved!

Arlöv, Sweden

Very nice Martin! I can't wait until I move to a new apartment so I can display my stuff properly...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fighbird
post 27 January 2009, 08:36
Post #38 | Print

Martin Lund
Aalborg, Denmark

QUOTE(Lord_Zarak @ 27 January 2009, 01:22) *
You should really sell me your Raiden wink2.gif I kinda like them loose one by one over the Raiden giftset.

Hehe, sorry, no dice... wink2.gif Took me 4 years to track down the 6th member of the team MIB for a reasonable (i.e. below $100) price, so they are not going anywhere soon. tongue.gif

Seriously, how long have you collected? I cant even imagining my collection ever get to this size. Keep up the inspiring work!

Thank you for the nice words. smile.gif I started originally back in '86, but most of that original collection is either traded away or been replaced with better-condition versions of the same toys when I got back into it around 1997/1998. Initially I had a "get them all!" mentality, seing as there were basically only 3 lines to collect (G1, G2 and BW), and I do have a substatially US Beast Wars collection packed up somewhere, but I think after Armada came along, that's when I started to limit myself. The last few years I've tried to weed out stuff that I don't find interesting anymore and only get the stuff I really want (like G1 and Classics and a few other lines I find interesting), but it still makes up for quite a large collection. So it's bascially all collected within the past 11/12 years.

+Quote Post
Thunderclash
post 30 January 2009, 20:46
Post #39 | Print
Yeah, I still collect. Do you have a problem with that ;o) ?

Knut Ingar
Oslo, Norway

Nice display, Martin. Liked those custom Stunticons and their wild paint schemes; are they the same original characters or have you based these on other characters from the Transformers Universe?

PS! What does Marie think about your collection, BTW wink2.gif ?

party2.gif
Knut Ingar

--------------------
**MAY 1987 - MAY 2014 - CELEBRATING 27 YEARS AS A TRANSFORMERS COLLECTOR**

+Quote Post
Fighbird
post 30 January 2009, 21:20
Post #40 | Print

Martin Lund
Aalborg, Denmark

QUOTE(Thunderclash @ 30 January 2009, 20:46) *
Nice display, Martin. Liked those custom Stunticons and their wild paint schemes; are they the same original characters or have you based these on other characters from the Transformers Universe?

Well, I made those from a toy perspective originally (instead of thinking about characterisations), so I guess they are the original characters - much like the other G2 combiners are "just" repaints of their G1 releases, without much change in their personalities.

PS! What does Marie think about your collection, BTW wink2.gif ?

Hehe, well, she's quite the trooper, actually. She (actually, we both) have discovered that they are quite the conversation starter, especially to new visitors: First they see the glass IKEA display in the living room with some 30-odd special pieces displayed, and people usually go "Wow! Well that's quite a collection you have there!", and then they are presented with the upstairs room and litteraly go out of their mind. biggrin.gif Quite entertaining for both of us.

So as long as I keep them in that room and keep the display in the livingroom "tidy", I'm okay. And if her TFs are on the top shelf of that cabinet. wink2.gif

+Quote Post
Fighbird
post 27 February 2009, 12:20
Post #41 | Print

Martin Lund
Aalborg, Denmark

QUOTE(Fighbird @ 30 January 2009, 21:20) *
QUOTE(Thunderclash @ 30 January 2009, 20:46) *

Well, I made those from a toy perspective originally (instead of thinking about characterisations), so I guess they are the original characters - much like the other G2 combiners are "just" repaints of their G1 releases, without much change in their personalities.

Just realiesed what you *might* have meant now, Knut Ingar: These customs are based on the unreleased G2 versions - obtaining as much info as possible on colors and sticker details as possible from various online sources and private collectors. So they are actually more like (GASP!) counterfits! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
SureShot
post 2 March 2009, 15:27
Post #42 | Print
"I like big BoTs and I cannot lie"

Denmark

So where's Fort Max in the bunch ? biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fighbird
post 6 August 2009, 22:28
Post #43 | Print

Martin Lund
Aalborg, Denmark

Here: wink2.gif

Or rather: This is a shot of all my MIB/MOSC US black-boxed vintage G1 (man, try to say that fast 3 times in a row!).

Spent a good day or so re-attaching bubbles to backing cards on the boxed stuff, as well as experimentating on re-sealing cut bubbles... result: No can do. sad.gif I tried glue, but the surface is just too small. I tried heat, but the plastic crumbled back instead. So I've used tape to secure the bubbles from the inside, while cutting (yes, I cut G1 inserts... sad.gif ) holes in the back of the cards, so I can still get to the toys. The beauty part of it is that the "modified" bubbles look intact when displayed in the box, so I'm pretty happy with that. Oh, and all the carded stuff is factory sealed - no restoration done on those. smile.gif

And for the observant... er... observer: Yes, I am more into 1986-1988 toys than the early stuff. Two reasons for that, really: One is that most of the early G1 stuff is/has been reissued, so there's no "need" for me to hunt for that stuff (I'm only missing a few pieces from those years anyways); the second reason is that these toys are from "my" golden period of discovering TFs back in the day - 1986/87/88 were the toys I first saw and fell for. Heck, I'm even trying to complete the 1988 releases in MIB/MOSC versions, although that may (will!) take a few years. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
**BRUTICUS**
post 7 August 2009, 09:16
Post #44 | Print
Easterling Captain

Marcus
Malmo

I use a combination of superglue and thin clear tape when resealeing moc stuff back. The bubbles in MIB items I just use the clear tape.

Nice lookign lot Martin..

--------------------
We do not fear the Orcs, nor Uruk-Hais or Southrons but we fear the might of the EASTERLING ARMY

+Quote Post
christopher
post 8 August 2009, 09:33
Post #45 | Print

Christopher
Uddevalla, Sweden

I use glue ( Karlssons klister ), and glue a bit of the bubble insert really careful and the toy can stay in the bubble and can be taken out for display witout problem. I used tape too but the bubbles didnt hold for that. Maybe my tape is crappy smile.gif
By the way, Very nice Martin.

+Quote Post

7 pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-fi version Time is now: 20 Sep 2014 - 10:56