NewsNTFA ForumsTransformers movie seriesAuto Assembly Europe conventionWWTFU Character profilesStore

Welcome Guest ( Log in | Register )

Welcome, guest. Register to remove this message!
Hello, and welcome to NTFA Forums!
To post in our community you must register, but don't worry - this is a simple, free process that only takes a few moments to complete. Register now!

Advantages of registering include:
  • You get rid of this giant box and Optimus Prime trying to recruit you
  • You will be able to start topics, post replies, and vote in our polls
  • You can track topics of particular interest to you, and search for all new posts since your last visit
  • You get to associate and chat with a group of friendly and helpful Nordic Transformers fans ;)

7 pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fighbird's collection -- updated 05/03/2014
predaking
post 26 July 2007, 23:26
Post #16 | Print
Hardcore

Frank Herfjord
Sandnes, Norway

Group: Super moderators

thanks for the pictures, love the comments!

--------------------
check out my transformers store: http://www.freewebs.com/atreju1978/

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fighbird
post 27 July 2007, 02:39
Post #17 | Print
Tonight we're gonna party like it's 1988!

Martin Lund
Aalborg, Denmark

Group: Administrators

Right, last haul of TF pictures from that photo session.

My three Robot Masters. Never really caught on with me, being mostly repaints and all.

6 inch transforming Titaniums. Had the pick of the litter here, I think. I really like the 2 Primes, and I just had to had Scourge seing that I don't own any of his G1 incarnations. Love the display bases (I use the RiD Prime one for my Classics Prime).

Just a select few World's Smallest TFs, mostly because of their obscurity (Hot Rod was a chase/preview figure and the Prime vs Megatron set was a hobby magazine exclusive with a very close scaled reproduction of the original box design). Oh, and SCF Starscream. Not too big a fan of non-transforming toys, but this one looks cool.

Takara History Collection Convoy. Tap-Out included for size comparison. Released as part of Takara's anniversary back in 2004 (AFAIR) and was randomly packed in those pink boxes amongst other miniaturised versions of Takara's most famous toys during their production. Even includes a scaled-down reproduction catalog and sticker sheet, as well as a tiny reprint of the newspaper from the year that Convoy was originally released.

Miscromaster combiners. I love these micro-gestalts, and am happy they got reissued, even though I would have preferred them in their original giftset versions. Looks pretty nice lined up like this, though.

And the rest: A danish VHS dub of MTMTE, a danish Milton-Bradley board game, 10th anniversary Megatron and 3 inch Thundercracker.

And below is what has come since, basically making some of my pics obsolete already... tongue.gif

Probably doesn't look like a lot, but still comes to a collection of 400+ unique Transformers items.

Up next: My alter ego. wink2.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SureShot
post 27 July 2007, 08:24
Post #18 | Print
"I like big BoTs and I cannot lie"

Denmark

Group: Members

You forgot Magnus on that Titanium photo shoot happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fighbird
post 27 July 2007, 09:02
Post #19 | Print

Martin Lund
Aalborg, Denmark

Yep, but that's because your stuff arrived even later than the last shot in the above thread, so when I took the pictures, it wasn't here yet... wink2.gif

QUOTE(Fighbird @ 27 July 2007, 03:39) *
... basically making some of my pics obsolete already... tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Vector_Sigma
post 27 July 2007, 20:37
Post #20 | Print

Tommy
Racoon City, Norway

Greatness biggrin.gif

I was wondering: could you tell me the approx size of those Robotmasters? I was wanting the Victory Saber set,but I don`t think I`ll bother if they are really small.

--------------------
-Pain is an illusion of the senses,despair an illusion of the mind-

+Quote Post
predaking
post 27 July 2007, 21:28
Post #21 | Print
Hardcore

Frank Herfjord
Sandnes, Norway

Magiking? Pray, tell!

+Quote Post
SureShot
post 27 July 2007, 22:30
Post #22 | Print
"I like big BoTs and I cannot lie"

Denmark

QUOTE(Vector_Sigma @ 27 July 2007, 21:37) *
Greatness biggrin.gif

I was wondering: could you tell me the approx size of those Robotmasters? I was wanting the Victory Saber set,but I don`t think I`ll bother if they are really small.

About 13-14cm tall I think. I had them both looooong time ago smile.gif

+Quote Post
predaking
post 27 July 2007, 22:54
Post #23 | Print
Hardcore

Frank Herfjord
Sandnes, Norway

star and leo are just over basic size each.

+Quote Post
Thunderclash
post 28 July 2007, 12:22
Post #24 | Print
Yeah, I still collect. Do you have a problem with that ;o) ?

Knut Ingar
Oslo, Norway

QUOTE(Fighbird @ 26 July 2007, 22:25) *

Beast Wars Neo. Took quite some time, but last year I finally completed this set. It's not all that difficult to locate these toys per se, but I wanted to have them in their single-pack versions only, and some of those are damned hard to find at reasonable prices. The VS-sets are nice, don't get me wrong, but I like the designs on the single-packs just a wee bit better. Includes the Toy'R'Us Japan Black Big Convoy and two RPG guns (lower left-hand corner).

Congratulations on completing the single-pack Neos (and a nice-looking collection in general), Martin. I was contemplating following in your footsteps and buy the single-pack toys myself, but since you (and Frank) helped me get hold of VS-39 Survive vs. Killerpunch from Japan, I kinda stuck with the classic Good vs. Evil 2-pack-theme evillaugh.gif wink2.gif .

party2.gif
Knut Ingar

This post has been edited by Thunderclash: 28 July 2007, 13:02

--------------------
**MAY 1987 - MAY 2014 - CELEBRATING 27 YEARS AS A TRANSFORMERS COLLECTOR**

+Quote Post
Fighbird
post 29 July 2007, 00:21
Post #25 | Print

Martin Lund
Aalborg, Denmark

Thanks, for the nice comments, guys. smile.gif

QUOTE(predaking @ 27 July 2007, 22:28) *
Magiking? Pray, tell!

Oh, it's just about the most fun thing I've gotten in recent times, that's all!

Frank, this was the one toy I told you about last November that I really wanted, and it just rules. Think Takara Brave in general coupled with the Dagwon "action figures" (the ones you sold me) and then Eldoran (if you're familiar with that). This is by far -- from what I've read online -- the best and most complex Power Ranger toy ever released, and even though it's basically a brick from 2004, it's just a piece of brilliant engineering -- in a somewhat naïve and blocky way.

The 5 components look and work really good (in general) seperately, the combined dragon mode is awesome especially with the 5th guy as the rider, and the gestalt looks brilliant. Love the general black'n'basic-color scheme of each toy, and that the individual weapons look good(!) while looking equally good in their combined modes(!). Has an incredibly high fiddle factor in general -- higher than I thought.

+Quote Post
Tformer
post 4 August 2007, 10:05
Post #26 | Print
Trivia Fanatic

Dennis
Dalarna, Sweden

QUOTE(Fighbird @ 26 July 2007, 22:25) *
Beast Wars Neo. Took quite some time, but last year I finally completed this set. It's not all that difficult to locate these toys per se, but I wanted to have them in their single-pack versions only, and some of those are damned hard to find at reasonable prices. The VS-sets are nice, don't get me wrong, but I like the designs on the single-packs just a wee bit better. Includes the Toy'R'Us Japan Black Big Convoy and two RPG guns (lower left-hand corner).

cry3.gif Oh man, that's pure envy right there! I'd kill for a complete BW neo set! (Where do you live BTW evillaugh.gif )

--------------------

+Quote Post
Osku
post 4 August 2007, 17:44
Post #27 | Print

Helsinki, Finland

What the heck are those BW Neo blasters?
QUOTE(Thunderclash @ 28 July 2007, 14:22) *
I was contemplating following in your footsteps and buy the single-pack toys myself, but since you (and Frank) helped me get hold of VS-39 Survive vs. Killerpunch from Japan, I kinda stuck with the classic Good vs. Evil 2-pack-theme evillaugh.gif wink2.gif

I actually prefer vs packs, even if it doesn't really matter if mine are loose or with box. smile.gif

Dare I ask how much did you have to pay for that Survive vs. Killerpunch set? Those two never seem to be available for reasonable prices. sad.gif

This post has been edited by Osku: 4 August 2007, 17:45

--------------------
Kuviani eläin-TF:ista. 1 2
My pictures of animal TFs. 1 2

+Quote Post
Fighbird
post 6 August 2007, 14:06
Post #28 | Print

Martin Lund
Aalborg, Denmark

QUOTE(Osku @ 4 August 2007, 18:44) *
What the heck are those BW Neo blasters?

Large RPG toy laser guns just like the ones from Energon. The black one launches that blue bird-like thing, and the white one contains a small "game", where you have to hit the orange ball inside it with small plastic pellets -- all self-contained while also making lights and sounds.

+Quote Post
Fighbird
post 27 August 2007, 14:47
Post #29 | Print

Martin Lund
Aalborg, Denmark

Okay, been ages since I promised it, so sorry for my tardiness. smile.gif

Now, this is my "alter ego" -- Fighbird, from the 1992 Yuusha series "Brave of the Sun Fighbird".

From left to right, in a size comparison with MP Convoy, you have the "powered up" mode (forgot it's japanese name), the "regular" mode, the small guy being a driver, that becomes the "core" of the regular mode (he is sitting as an engine of sorts right in the middle of the chest of Fighbird) and then jet mode. Yes, jet mode is huge. smile.gif Oh, and my avatar is based on the "powered up" mode, which definitely looks better in print than on the toy. tongue.gif

My "Takara style package design" section of my Fighbird collection. Some nice stuff in here includes the single-pack rescue vehicles on the left (gotta love the character artwork on these -- and on them all, basically) and then the rare set of Green and Blue Raker in the top right corner. These guys were originally released in the previous series to Fighbird, Exkaizer from 1991, but for some reason got reissued in Fighbird-style packaging the year after.

Part 2. Some korean releases, small and large model kits, trading cards and a board game. Yep, I was really into this. smile.gif

A blurry shot of the 3 main guys -- left to right: Super Guardion, Great Fighbird and Draias. Missing the last "major" robot in there, Thunder Baron, but I just completed him after these photo sessions. Draias is the bad guy and can turn into a large jet or 3 pretty cool animals (think Predacons). Great Fighbird is the same size as Scorponok.

+Quote Post
Fighbird
post 7 September 2007, 13:31
Post #30 | Print

Martin Lund
Aalborg, Denmark

Recently moved my Detolf shelf into the living room, so I can gawk at my stuff whenever I watch the telly. tongue.gif

Nothing new in here, just a better display for 'em:

Top outside, with my heavy hitters from the Decepticon ranks. Predaking is the reissue (and Rampage was apparently out on a little mission...D'oh!), Overlord is the UK version, and Trypticon is heavily battered -- hopefully soon to be replaced by a non-broken, however still incomplete, toy. The little guy in front is Downforce, the 2006 NTFA Mini-Con exclusive. Oh, and that thing on the wall is the first Spider-Man comic published in Denmark -- original 1st printing, 1967. biggrin.gif

Top shelf, with my currently most proud possession: A US Menasor giftset. This is such a frankensteined piece, that it probable isn't worth anything to the diehard fanatics, but damnit, I love it! smile.gif Box is a crisp and shiny c9, sadly missing the robot points, but with a white, white styrofoam tray. All the parts are US, except Motormaster, which I have replaced with a Takara release to get the launcher. All stickers are reprolabels, and I have replaced the original yellowed box windows with some clearer and more sturdy plastics.

The LEGO set in front is my most favourite childhood set, released 1978 (the same year I was born...), and a few years ago I tracked down a european MISB specimen as well, which is just a beaut...

My meager Microchange collection (sans a few minis) -- big box & small box pre-Windy, casettemachine battlebike (with Microman Saram guarding the setup) and Kagirobo, an unused and often overlooked (maybe deservedly so) pre-TF Microchange toy. I have a review brewing of him for later times.

Oh, and that's a Super Sentai Magiking in the back there -- just one of my favourite transforming non-Takara toy ever. Get one if you can. I know, I know... Power Rangers... tongue.gif

Brave Fighbird display and "funky" minibots. In the back, the taiwanese Super Guardion GS, my first Brave toy and still my favourite, with Great Fighbird (my online alter ego) guarding it in front (accessories not present, as they clutter up the view what with that giant sword and shield).

Minibot selection includes blue Euro Pipes, white Brazilian Camaro, 2006 NTFA Mini-Con organisers exclusive (repainted Cliffjumper, no name given), MC pre-TF Bumblejumper, white Mexican Tailgate, pink/purple Brazilian Malignus and red MC pre-TF Bumblebee.

And the bottom shelf:

Brave Legend of Da-Garn display. As a whole, Da-Garn is by far my most favourite Brave line, with the strongest G1 traits and the most non-futuristic alt modes. I even have Red Geist -- the red Deathsaurus and nemesis to Da-Garn -- but he didn't fit in there. Land Bison is a thousands kinds of awesome (the car gestalt in front), and the watchful reader may even recognise the yellow race car in there as the Donald Duck Magazine pack-in from a few years back; the one from Donald Duck was a bootleg, though.

+Quote Post

7 pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-fi version Time is now: 22 Oct 2014 - 05:46