NewsNTFA ForumsTransformers movie seriesAuto Assembly Europe conventionWWTFU Character profilesStore

Welcome Guest ( Log in | Register )

Welcome, guest. Register to remove this message!
Hello, and welcome to NTFA Forums!
To post in our community you must register, but don't worry - this is a simple, free process that only takes a few moments to complete. Register now!

Advantages of registering include:
  • You get rid of this giant box and Optimus Prime trying to recruit you
  • You will be able to start topics, post replies, and vote in our polls
  • You can track topics of particular interest to you, and search for all new posts since your last visit
  • You get to associate and chat with a group of friendly and helpful Nordic Transformers fans ;)

2 pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Auto Assembly Europe 2011 suggestions, What do you want? :)
BigPete
post 19 May 2011, 12:48
Post #1 | Print
Chuck Norris-approved!

Arlöv, Sweden

Group: Administrators

As the title says, what do you want to see at the convention? How do you want to see a certain event done?

Submit your ideas here, and just maybe the things you suggest will become part of the convention programme! wink2.gif

This post has been edited by BigPete: 21 May 2011, 02:08

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NRJohn
post 19 May 2011, 14:00
Post #2 | Print

Håkan
Lund, Sweden

Group: Members

Well, I pretty much hope to see much of the things we got on the last convention:
Dealers tables, competitions, panels, all that good stuff! w00t.gif
I hope we can have dealers this time around too, I bought some very nice figures, and sold a lot too in Aalborg.
The competions where a lot of fun, trivia questions, fastest transformation, custom figures and fan artwork etc.

I don't know if it's possibly to set up, but it could be cool to have it so visitors could play some transformers games, console/PC games or even boardgames?
As a mini-tournament or just for fun!

Maybe also have some sort of exhibition like they sometimes have. Saw a video with a "Prime through the ages"-exhibition from g1 to newest at that time, pretty cool!

Both these suggestions would mean a lot of work setting up I imagine, but it could be worth it!

How about some transformers cosplay? No I'm only kidding biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
vmv-81
post 19 May 2011, 14:27
Post #3 | Print
Mite! Nihongo o hanashimasu!

Veli
Oulu, Finland

I'd love to play boardgames there. Otherwise, I think it would be nice to have the same things as the last convention.

--------------------
Jolt - "Uhh, shouldn't we be saying something really dramatic right about now?"
Longarm - "Shut up, Jolt!"
Jolt - "That wasn't what I had in mind."

My deviantART page

+Quote Post
Tformer
post 19 May 2011, 15:06
Post #4 | Print
Trivia Fanatic

Dennis
Dalarna, Sweden

QUOTE(vmv-81 @ 19 May 2011, 15:27) *
I'd love to play boardgames there. Otherwise, I think it would be nice to have the same things as the last convention.

Speaking of the last convention, we need to see a return of the trivia contest just so I can claim my revenge on you! wink2.gif tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
BigPete
post 20 May 2011, 08:47
Post #5 | Print
Chuck Norris-approved!

Arlöv, Sweden

More than 60 views and three replies? Come on, you can do better than that! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Smokescreen
post 20 May 2011, 16:37
Post #6 | Print

Mikael Sundberg
Östersund, Sweden

For me, I'd like to have a kitbash competition so I'll be motivated to finish my stuff during summer. I'd also want a couple of big dealers and access to some kind of sell/trade area where I can sell some of my own stuff. It would be neat to have some storage space but I guess if it'll be in a hotel, you have lots of space already. If there's a cool guest to sign stuff I guess that's a bit exciting but for me it's mostly about the trading and just being around TF fans and geeking out for a few days.

Oh, and someone to sell a few Fort Max parts at a very low price biggrin.gif

And I second the exhibition thing. It was nice to see some super-rare figures in Arlöv. Unfortunately I don't have any to share except my customs.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lucar-tron
post 20 May 2011, 16:46
Post #7 | Print
Red Savarin

Alexander Mars
Halmstad, Halland, Sweden

The things that I like to see in Nordcon 2011:

- Exhebitions
- Competitions
- Games (both video and boardgames (maybe a tournament?)
- Guest signing, if there will be any guests.
- Maybe showing some episodes of different Transformers shows.

I don't think that I can come up with anything else. But I will be happy just to be with people that's got the same interest as me. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
DkConvoy
post 20 May 2011, 23:40
Post #8 | Print
Gren Sacher

Christian Nielsen
Denmark

Well I already told Pete in person.. buuut.. innocent.gif

I would love to see a display for the 2011 BotCon figures! w00t.gif

And if we're showing any form of media this year, some curtains would be neat!
Sunlight is annoying while watching stuff..

This post has been edited by DkConvoy: 20 May 2011, 23:41

--------------------

+Quote Post
simes
post 2 June 2011, 17:55
Post #9 | Print

Simon Plumbe
Lichfield, England

As long as I can get a job in time, I'm hoping to be able to make it over myself for the convention (well, it wouldn't be right if we can't send someone over from the "main" Auto Assembly team!) so I'd like to get an idea of what Transformers shows people would be interested in watching. I've got pretty much everything on DVD or can get all of them in time for the convention to show so if there are any you'd like to see, just post here!

--------------------

Auto Assembly Europe 2011 - 12th-13th November 2011, Uppsala, Sweden - http://www.autoassemblyeurope.eu
Auto Assembly 2012 - 3rd-5th August 2012, Birmingham, England - http://www.autoassembly.org.uk

+Quote Post
Groundsplitter
post 3 June 2011, 09:59
Post #10 | Print
Admin

Lars Eriksson
Knivsta, Sweden

Group: Root admin

QUOTE(DkConvoy @ 21 May 2011, 00:40) *
And if we're showing any form of media this year, some curtains would be neat!
Sunlight is annoying while watching stuff..

Agreed. That was the only detail at NordCon 2010 that I was thoroughly displeased with. We had thought of lots of other details, but hadn't foreseen that particular problem. So that's definitely on our mental checklists for future conventions.
When we're holding the convention at a hotel it shouldn't be a problem though, since they are usually already equipped for film screenings, seminar projections and so on - if the hall comes with projection equipment, logically it must also have sufficient curtains/blinds so you can use the projection equipment even on bright days. But naturally that's something that we're going to look up.

An update (or non-update) on the venue, by the way. As you know I was supposed to have a personal meeting with one of the hotels (one of the more interesting ones) on Tuesday, after which we hoped to decide a venue and a date very soon afterwards, but regrettably I became sick with the flu earlier this week so I had to delay the meeting...
Now I have asked the hotel for a meeting next week instead.

--------------------
E-mail address: groundsplitter@ntfa.net

+Quote Post
Groundsplitter
post 9 June 2011, 18:37
Post #11 | Print
Admin

Lars Eriksson
Knivsta, Sweden

QUOTE(Groundsplitter @ 3 June 2011, 10:59) *
An update (or non-update) on the venue, by the way. As you know I was supposed to have a personal meeting with one of the hotels (one of the more interesting ones) on Tuesday, after which we hoped to decide a venue and a date very soon afterwards, but regrettably I became sick with the flu earlier this week so I had to delay the meeting...
Now I have asked the hotel for a meeting next week instead.

An update again. Unfortunately the flu delayed things a bit, but I was finally able to have that personal meeting with the manager at that hotel today. Just as I had hoped it was a very fruitful meeting, and I think we will be able to make our decision any day now.

+Quote Post
Smokescreen
post 23 June 2011, 15:36
Post #12 | Print

Mikael Sundberg
Östersund, Sweden

I'm sitting here just waiting to send in my registration smile.gif

+Quote Post
NRJohn
post 24 June 2011, 19:30
Post #13 | Print

Håkan
Lund, Sweden

Two things more that would be nice:
1) Flags on visitor’s nametags, now I know English is the official language but if you have a quick question, or a person to person conversation it feels silly to speak English when you’re both Sweds. Or if you try to speak Swedish to someone who’s not. (It happened to me a couple of times at Nordcon, lol!)
2) Convention programs in hand when you arrive! I totally forgot to print out the program for last convention. Anyway, if nothing else it would be cool to have afterwards, I don’t think we got one at Nordcon..? If we did, lets get one AGAIN! crazy2.gif

+Quote Post
BigPete
post 25 June 2011, 03:25
Post #14 | Print
Chuck Norris-approved!

Arlöv, Sweden

QUOTE(NRJohn @ 24 June 2011, 20:30) *
Two things more that would be nice:
1) Flags on visitor’s nametags, now I know English is the official language but if you have a quick question, or a person to person conversation it feels silly to speak English when you’re both Sweds. Or if you try to speak Swedish to someone who’s not. (It happened to me a couple of times at Nordcon, lol!)
2) Convention programs in hand when you arrive! I totally forgot to print out the program for last convention. Anyway, if nothing else it would be cool to have afterwards, I don’t think we got one at Nordcon..? If we did, lets get one AGAIN! crazy2.gif

There was a programme in the convention magazine wink2.gif I like the idea with the flags though smile.gif

+Quote Post
Groundsplitter
post 26 June 2011, 20:23
Post #15 | Print
Admin

Lars Eriksson
Knivsta, Sweden

QUOTE(BigPete @ 25 June 2011, 04:25) *
I like the idea with the flags though smile.gif
I don't. Or rather, I'm sure that there will be attendees who don't. Personally I wouldn't have any problem with it, but there are always people who see that sort of thing as an intrusion of personal integrity, so I will have to recommend that we turn that suggestion down.

+Quote Post

2 pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-fi version Time is now: 23 Dec 2014 - 00:24